How do you handle the stress from work, kids, school etc? What do you do to calm you down when you feel like breaking down?

1sexymother

Asked by 1sexymother at 2:00 PM on Jun. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• Right now, I'm not handling things well. I take anti-deppresants and Valium when I cannot cope.....My goal is good nutrition, walking outdoors, and meditative prayer....It has worked well for me in the past, but I somehow got lost in todays world and the answers offered...best wishes to you....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 2:03 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• me time!........... do something you love ! i like reading takes me away...listening to your favorite songs. if you say you don't have me time then i say take some.. it will save you! a nice dinner alone with your husband no talk about the family, work, the bills. just enjoy.
    claybasket

Answer by claybasket at 5:17 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I understand. I have been trying to walk more and play with my kids until they fall asleep and stay up late to do my assignments. Than at times I am stressed from work and the kids and man its hard to get my mind right where it needs to be
    1sexymother

Comment by 1sexymother (original poster) at 2:07 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• its so difficult. but when i am doing my studies i do my studies but then if she needs to play we play. whatever i am doing i do it with all my concentration. i have to say for four months during the semester its very difficult but its worhth it in the end that is what i keep telling myself. also my parents take her at least 1day a week so i can sleep over my place by myself and sometimes i watch a dvd or something like that. this way its not all about the kids or work or school all the time. its just my time.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 4:01 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I don't even know how I do it, I actually broke down this past weekend and balled for about an hour. My poor DH he heard me, I just leave me alone, he had no clue what was wrong, I didnt either lol. I work full time, school full time, 3 kids, one of them my DH just got custody of YAY, one is back and forth between me and his father and now a 5 1/2 mo DD. I'm getting so much grey hair, I'm only 28 lol By the time we get home from work 4 days/week I'm so freakin exhausted.. I just do it knowing it won't last forever I guess, but I have unconditional love and support from my DH and without him I would not make it!
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 4:06 PM on Jun. 24, 2011