Has anyone...

ever tried castor oil and did it work? How far along were you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:09 PM on Dec. 13, 2008 in Pregnancy

• No, it does NOT work. It DOES give you the shits and cramps. False contractions
    Anonymous

• My mother and grandmother both tried it...and in both cases, it put them into labor that stopped once they got to the hospital. (False labor.) Both of them had to deal with vomiting and diarrhea too! It's just a bad idea.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 10:13 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• it does not WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    jostock

Answer by jostock at 10:54 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• my friend who just had her baby drank a bottle and a half of that stuff...that was like a week before she had her kid...so No..it does Not work...just another wives tale
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:56 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Not only doesnt not work but its not good for you or your baby. Try to be patient, I know its hard once you reach your term date! But remember, the longer your baby is in thier the better off she is! Unless of course your 42 weeks pregnant or more than I'd say INDUCE ME NOW! :) LOL Good Luck! Just try to be patient! Its whats best for your soon to be beautiful baby!!!
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 11:07 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• its actually on yahoo answers to mix castor oil with orange juice, but my sister was actually given advice to use it by her dr, she now has heart problems due to what they think is the strain of all that diahrea
    sickofbeingpreg

Answer by sickofbeingpreg at 11:35 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• I never tried it but I have heard not to use it because the baby can take a bowel movement in you (meconium) and if he/she inhales it, it can seriously compromise the baby's health. I tried red raspberry leaf... Also... what really worked for me... some rough (pretty damned rough) sex. (not rough as to hurt the baby) but make sure you orgasm at least twice... I went into labor 3 hours after some really hot sex!
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 12:22 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I used it with my second child and it DID work, but boy was I so miserable, I dont think I would ever take it again, so not worth it.
    dansebsil

Answer by dansebsil at 8:54 AM on Dec. 14, 2008