1st day of daycare: My 3yo DD was kissing some 8 & 9yo boys!! wwyd?

So, I drop my 3 off at the new daycare monday evening before going to school. When I come for pick up, the lady in charge says everything was great. But we get in the car and my 7yo DS said "you know what is not cool? G was kissing on boys that were older than me!!" He was very upset, and so was I! Granted she will be 4yrs old in a week BUT she is still a baby!!

I told her that no one gets to kiss her except mommy and daddy, and that she needs to keep her body to herself. She is very into all the princesses and knows that they all have to get a kiss to get married...and has been preoccupied with that. I told her to just take care of her dolls while she is a little girl and don't worry about big girl things.

How would you handle your 3yo trying to kiss on older boys??

willngingersmom

Asked by willngingersmom at 2:02 PM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would handle it the same way you did. I would explain to her that she's too young to be kissing anyone but mommy and daddy. Let her know about germs and colds too. You did the right thing though.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 2:04 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Where were the daycare providers? No one noticed? I, personally, would pull my children out of there. They aren't being watched.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:23 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I'd probably ask the daycare provider to keep an eye on all of them and steer them away from kissing games....It sounds innocent all around, because kids are curious and play that way, but that doesn't mean that they shouldn't be supervised and steered to other activities.....if it remained a problem I would find a new daycare provider and explain why I left the last one...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 2:06 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I would have gone back to the daycare and find out where the supervision was?? I would be livid. I would be finding new daycare and no way in hell would my kids be going back to the place where my daughter was being molested.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 2:05 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I would also check into the daycare. This is possibly an indicator that the children are not being supervised well enough. If the daycare operators were actually there to observe that, they would have intervened and told you about it. Also, why are 4 year ols with 8 year olds? They should be in seprarate groups.

They boys could have been egging her on. SHe woulod have been an easy target because she is so young. Talk to her about boundaries, not kissing or touching other people. I woulds also tell her to avoid playing with the older kids. Also, talk to the daycare and find out if they observed itm what they did, and how they plan to prevent that again in the future.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 2:09 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I'd be talking to the supervisor...I'd be mighty upset over this!
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 4:49 PM on Jun. 24, 2011