Would you wait for your man if he went to jail?

Just apply it to your own situation, could be anything for any reason. Ex: Drugs, breaking and entering, recovering addict relapses, takes him to stealing gets caught has warrants in 3 counties, going on 3 months now. Family hates HIM, causing major issues. No kids together. No ties but "love".

MissyNewMama

Asked by MissyNewMama at 2:10 PM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• Speaking from experience I said I would wait for my fiance to come home from prison but when it actually happened I DIDN'T. I was also left with a NEWBORN. He was gone for 3 years and got lonely. I do not drive so it was almost impossible for me to go and visit him. He was released in 2006 and when he came home, i forgive him, he forgave me then sooner or later we got back together. So just be patient and pray! it got me through alot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    prettygirl1988

Answer by prettygirl1988 at 4:41 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Nope. That is not one small mistake. That is a rap sheet, and the man is up to no good. I don't have that in my life, if i have any choice about it.

Love, schmove.

Now, if it were just one incident and was a misunderstanding of some sort, then i wold see it differently.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 2:13 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Yes, but only if it were a white collar embezzlement crime and I had access to the offshore accounts while he was locked up. That is the only "love" that would tie me to him.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 2:24 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• he can go to jail for drugs or something small then yes i will wait.. for rape or murder or something harming another if it wasnt self defense hell no.
    Anonymous

• My best girlfriend and I, before we were dating our now husbands, had a rules. "NEVER date someone a man who has spent time in the slammer." "Never date a man who is an addict."
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 2:16 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• So LADIES if you all went to jail for ANYTHING you wouldnt care if he moved on?? Lets say, your neighbor said something to your child u didnt like. So you asked her to not say that to your child. she got mad and walked over and you guys got into a fight. You wouldnt care if SO moved on? lol i would id be mad as hell.
    Anonymous

• not if it were for anything major liek murder or assault or anything even remotly along those lines.. if it were for something small and was a one time screw up & happened prior to us being together then ok maybe... but all the things you listed is just too much.. like "imaginationmama" said above me, thats not one incident..thats a rap sheet!! If he cared about you and truly loved you he wouldnt be putting you and himself in this kind of a situation. In this case its better to say goodbye. plus you have no children with him right now.. but think about your future can you see yourself having kids with this man? Is this the kind of life you would want for them?
    kp0469

Answer by kp0469 at 2:18 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Anon....

No, I would not care if he chose to move on. Especially considering the scenario being presented states no children together and nothing tying me to the person in said scenario..No I would not care if they chose to move own because I ended up in jail.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:23 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• we've both been to jail, general population, a few times...
    MsSelfDestruct

Answer by MsSelfDestruct at 2:33 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• my son's father and I had been together 4 yrs the first time he went to jail for months... 5 years later he went to prison for 2 yrs.. I waited...
    Anonymous