What do i do when 2 month old wont take naps?

i have a 2 month old boy and he is always grump he fusses all the time bc hes tired and he cant sleep! I try over and over again to help him fall asleep but as soon as i put him down he stays asleep for like 10 minutes mabe more if lucky then he just starts crying again, pacifer works sometimes but he still wakes up crying and i know its not cuz the pacifer bc he did the same even when he didnt have paci, im so tired from this zoloft im taking for anxiety/slight post partum depression , im not exzactley depressed but it helps with my attitude big time i think the whole attitude thing probably comes from depression idk
so what the hell do i do since nothing works i mean god i dont want to let him cry it out, when it comes night he sleeps fine.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Wear him in a sling. The motion will help him sleep. Or take him for a long walk in the stroller.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:18 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Wear him while he sleeps. Other than that, nothing. He will eventually sleep.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:19 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• car ride?? Bring him in the house in the carseat and let him sleep in that
    Anonymous

• Most likely this is just a phase, so try not to get too stressed. I agree with wearing him in a sling or wrap. Although this doesn't give you a whole lot of freedom, at least he'll get a good nap in and be less grumpy for you when he's awake. I also agree with trying a walk in the stroller. Also try taking a car ride. Again, all of these things require you to have to be doing something while he sleeps so you can't take a nap also, but at least he'll be getting a good nap and will be less grumpy!
    If you are tired and want a nap, too, try laying down with him. He might be more comfortable falling and staying asleep if you're there and he can smell you and hear you breathing.
    Ludvik_Smith

Answer by Ludvik_Smith at 2:29 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• No sleeping in the carseat, that is known to decrease oxygen levels to an unhealthy level.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:29 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• That is how a lot of children are. He eventually get tired.
    1sexymother

Answer by 1sexymother at 2:31 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• OMG i had this problem with a little girl I used to nanny!

Everyday, I would start her nap time routine right after lunch because food tends to make us tired. Then follow some of her bedtime routine. If you don't have one think about starting one. I had her nap time song "You light up my life", she had her nap time bunny rabbit and nap time blankie. I would do a fake yawn and say "Im tired and you look tired too, you need to rest"...then i would walk out and close the door. If she cried i would soothe her and leave some books and stuffed animals for her to play with and say "if you aren't going to sleep then it is quiet time" and left again.

I did the same thing everyday and she gave in because I never flinched or gave in, by sleeping next to her or skipping naps. It took about a week or so. The key is to always remain calm. Never change the routine or give in.
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 2:41 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Just focus on nighttime sleep. If the babe is getting a solid nighttime sleep, then allow yourself not to stress about how long daytime naps last. Some babes will do short spurts, some longer . . . no two are the same.

You are a star is the babe is sleeping well at night! Not many mommies get that! Give yourself a pat on the back, big time.

If you need to get stuff done, wear the babe in a front carrier and be on your way.

Hugs mama!
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 2:45 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Um, to whomever voted me down...Babies have died from oxygen deprivation in carseats. So, yeah.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:00 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Oh how funny!!! I thought it said 2 years old, but your child is two months old haha!!!!

I also have a high maintenance child who does not sleep just anywhere like most babies do. I followed the happiest baby on the block system and it worked like magic!!!!! Seriously it was instant!!!!!

Its the 5 S's:

Swaddle
    Side or Stomach Positioning
    Swing
    Shhhhhhh Sound
    Suck

Swaddle your baby in a tight swaddle so he wont fling his arms and legs out when he is startled. Its reactionary.
    Position your child in your arms on the side so his body is on your body
    Swing and sway very vigorously like he would feel in your womb, they like it with vigor more than gently.
    Make a white noise sound "SHHHHHH" it sounds like your womb
    Place a pacifer in his mouth for comfort

I would do this until she was asleep then I would place her in her swing. If she woke I would pick her up, comfort he
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 4:05 PM on Jun. 24, 2011