How much infant's tylenol??

For my DD who weighs 13.5 pounds. At 9 lbs the MD said between the 2 lines on the dropper (.6). Is that still the right dose.

Mommyx308

Asked by Mommyx308 at 1:11 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If ya look at the bottle it shows the correct dosage...I just checked for ya..and again the doctors are right! go figure!! LOL it is in between the 0.4 and the 0.8 on the dropper. Those darn droppers are so hard to read. Hope little one is better soon.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 1:15 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I just got back from my daughter's 2 month checkup and they gave me a sheet...it goes by how much the child weighs....so for your daughter who weighs 13 1/2 lbs she can have 1 dropper every 4-6 hours (so 0.8 ml)
    sweetmissy_05

Answer by sweetmissy_05 at 1:16 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I have an infant tylenol dosing chart that my ped. gave me.

It says 12-17 lbs or 4-11months should be 0.8mL.

Next time at your ped. see if they have these available. They are actually provided by tylenol. It has been very helpful, so I don't have to keep calling my ped.
    HannahEsmommy

Answer by HannahEsmommy at 1:18 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• "If ya look at the bottle it shows the correct dosage...I just checked for ya..and again the doctors are right! go figure!! LOL it is in between the 0.4 and the 0.8 on the dropper. Those darn droppers are so hard to read. Hope little one is better soon."

Just wondering what bottle you're looking at. Mine doesn't give the dosage for under 2!!!
    Mommyx308

Answer by Mommyx308 at 1:27 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I go by what my pediatrician says. My DD is almost 14 lbs and she gets 0.8 now but that is my pediatricians recommendation only.
    tngal

Answer by tngal at 1:44 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Yeah it doesn't say on the bottle what to give an infant under 2 years old...it says ask your doctor....
    sweetmissy_05

Answer by sweetmissy_05 at 2:16 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• .6 is the right dose until they get to a certain weight which I think is about 15-16 pounds. Ask your ped for sure.
    tfmmpmmdmmom

Answer by tfmmpmmdmmom at 2:43 PM on Jun. 19, 2008