Hard water in Shark steam mop

I have the Shark steam mop deluxe by Europro. I have loved it and can't live without it now, as most of our floors are hard surfaces.

All of a sudden, it stopped pushing out steam. It appears as if our hard water has clogged it all up (we only recently moved here, so I didn't notice until a couple weeks ago that we had hard water). I've tried letting white distilled vinegar soak in it and all that, but to no avail.

I can't live without a steam mop but can't afford a new one! What do I do?

cypressandsage

Asked by cypressandsage at 2:42 PM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Home & Garden

• IDK, but next time be sure to buy bottled distilled water.
    I'm pretty sure it's done, but IDK for sure.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 2:43 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Maybe some heavily diluted bleach water........don't know what it will do, but I plan on trying it in mine for the same issue.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 2:52 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• We have hard water. I don't know what to do either but everything our hard water clogged we had to throw out. I now use filtered water for our coffee pot and that sort of thing so you might think about getting something to filter your water and watch what you use hard water in. I recently recived a carpet cleaner and I use hard water in it so thank you for putting this question in bc now I will use distilled water.
    Kimkh

Answer by Kimkh at 3:01 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• CLR and look at getting a water softener system for your water.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:47 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• You can run white vinegar through it to break up the calcium etc. or a tiny bit of CLR.,,not sure about that for positive on something like that. But I know white vinegar is safe, natural and will break it up and then keep the water going through to clean it out. Does it have any kind of filter?
    Here is a link;http://www.fixya.com/search/p645936-euro_pro_shark_steam_mop_gray_purple_vac/fix___vac_vinegar
    same problem as you i think...there's just stopped working.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 4:35 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• http://www.fixya.com/search/p645936-euro_pro_shark_steam_mop_gray_purple_vac/clogged

IDK, I googled Europro Calcium clog steam mop and it brought up several links etc
    You might try looking other ways. some said it couldn't be fixed, some said once that happened that was it for the mop-period. ??
    GL! It's frustrating when things break bcz of hard water....we go through alot of trouble with our pool system bcz of that. Ugh.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 4:41 PM on Jun. 25, 2011