If u can take care of ur kids why would u let them live with ur parents?

3lilANGELS236

Asked by 3lilANGELS236 at 2:43 PM on Jun. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• I don't know why someone would do that..maybe because they are lazy....idk
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 2:44 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• My daughter lives with her grandmother for personal reasons, and i am perfectly capable of taking care of her.. I see her every day spend at least 4 nights out of the week there and do all the things a mother should do for her... we talk we text and have a very close relationship...
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 2:53 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I wouldn't let my kids live with anyone else as long as I am perfectly able to take care of them. <3 my girls.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 3:04 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• sometimes you guys can be so close minded about people... for the most part i laugh when my answers are voted down, but not this time.. unless you've been put in a position where you have to make this decision yourself you can never know what it takes to make the choice to allow you child to live with someone else... what would you be willing to do for child under whatever circumstances to make sure they are safe protected and mentally and emotionally stable within themselves? what choices and sacrifices would you be willing to make for them? it was not my choice for her it had nothing to do with my capapbilities as a mother, as i stated it was a personal choice for my daughter... and under the circumstances regardless of what i felt it was the best choice for my daughter...
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 3:25 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I don't know the reasons but i do know that cafemom is suppose to be a place where moms can come for support and advice, not bashing from other people who don't know the situation or position a person is in. Every person is different. Who knows why a child may live with a grandparent, maybe there were financial problems, or maybe there was something else. We don't know until we are in the situation. I know i will do what ever it takes for my girls to have a happy healthy life, if that means one day i may have to give them to someone else i would. Not happily but willingly to keep them safe and secure. As of right now, i take care of my girls, but you never know what's going to happen. Good luck to you girlglow6, if you need anyone to talk too, i am always here.
    katie201005

Answer by katie201005 at 5:50 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• well, over the last semester in school my dd practically lived with my parents because i had to go to school and do 95hours of lab. had tests like every single week and sometimes in all 5 of my classes. i mean i saw her but my parents were doing most of the work. so you never know what the circumstances are going to be. and in the fall it might even be worse because i have two days of clinics(up to 2hrs away for a total of 4hrs each day) then i have 4 classes plus i have lab for about 75hrs and then i work on the weekends. so yeah my child is living at my parents. its not really official but i have to sacrifice a little bit to give her a better life later one. so i don;t judge. everyones circumstances are so different.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 6:46 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• This was just a question I had based off a kid I know that wants to be with the parents and they are just top lazy so they made the child move in with the grandparents. You may not know me be I'm not an insensitive person and there's no news to be hateful. I was just hoping to get some answers to help me be more understanding.
    3lilANGELS236

Comment by 3lilANGELS236 (original poster) at 7:44 AM on Jun. 28, 2011