today my husband was speaking to a woman that lives where he works hes a door man and he keptcalling her luv the whole time as if i was not standind there by the way he calls me that i told him that was bull**! and i was pissed what do think about this ??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 PM on Dec. 13, 2008 in Relationships

• I'd be pissed too
    Anonymous

• I think it may have to do with his background- where he grew up. I've had a number of men call me "luv"- they don't mean anything by it, and it may be good for business to establish a friendly relationship. For example, my hairdresser often calls me "luv" and I've noticed that he does that to the other female clients, too. It doesn't mean anything other than that he wants them to know that he feels kindly toward them.

Answer by Bmat at 10:17 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• From how your talking it seems you think or know for a fact that the woman's quite attractive? if he's still respectful and loving, helpful etc. to you if he was before you heard this then as long as you continue to be treated same by hubby probably not much to worry about. not all men but most treat their wives very poorly when messin around. so if he treats u poorly to begin with and then this happens i'd think more of what's going on in his life. jmo
    Anonymous

• I would think it was just what he calls people to be friendly, I call everyone 'hun' and never realized it until my ds pointed it out!
    Anonymous

• what an ashole. put him in the dog house for a wek or two.
    jostock

Answer by jostock at 10:53 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Most men won't use that word as a noun even for the women they do love! Where "luv" is used, it's often a throwaway noun. Listen to the British speak; "luv" is used very commonly between people who don't know each other at all. (I was called "luv" by a London taxi driver!)

You can certainly tell him it bothered you. But I don't think it's worth making a big deal.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:54 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• I also call everyone hun,sweety,dear etc.not realizing it,i'm sure he does not nean anything by it.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 10:55 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Well, me personally only call my girl friends hun or sweetie, never would I call a guy that especially in front of my Husband. Its not only disrespectful but will only cause problems (odviously since you are experiancing this!) and he needs to stop for respect for you. Tell him that should only be a special name he calls only you. If he doesnt stop then do what I do when I'm completly pissed at hubby, ignore him. They hate it! Good Luck HUN! :)
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 11:05 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• i would be pissed for the fact that he used it as MY pet name and was using it on another woman.
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 1:34 AM on Dec. 14, 2008