Why would some say that "Child Protective Services Agency is a waste of funds and tax payers dollars"?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:45 PM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Absolutely... I had them called on me because I was drunk... mind you, it was the anniversary of my father's murder, and my husband was sober...lol... They come in people's homes, play God, and take children from good families, they loose kids in the system, and they leave kids with dangerous people... foster homes cause 45% od child abuse... and really if there is an issue the police should be called and if the they find need for CPS orDFS to be called, then the should take that step. People abuse CPS for many reasons, disdain for a neighbor, not agreeing with a person, and most of all parent to parent hate. I find CPS to be unlawful and completely against all good judgement. On our COS website it said that 76% of reports are found UNFOUNDED... what does that tell you... look up Harnett County,NC Childrens welfare... rediculus

JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 3:37 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Being a foster parent I can actually see both sides. There have been children placed with me that never should have went home but the judge ordered the child to go home against the workers recommendations. I have seen where the bparents did not want the kids, the foster parents wanted to adopt the kids, social workers agreed and the judge sent the kids home. I have also seen cases where the kids were pulled out only to be placed back home a week or so later because things weren't as bad as they were told.

What most people do not understand is that the majority of the kids are put into custody by the police being involved first. Most try to do their best but they're not perfect and unfortunately kids get hurt in the process. I'm glad I live in our county because I think 95% of the workers are excellent and care for the kids on their case loads.

You also need to understand that what many of us..cont...
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 4:18 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• might consider abuse is not. You are allowed to paddle your child but you are not allowed to beat them. You may be living in your car, on the streets, etc and it's not abuse. You are allowed to cut your childs hair without their permission, pierce baby's ears, etc and it's not abuse.

However you are not allowed to let your 5 yr old babysit the 3 younger siblings while you are out picking up grandma from work. You are not allowed to live in unsanitary conditions in your home with the children. You're not allowed to tie your child to his crib so he won't crawl out.

For the most part they will first try to work with a family if the abuse is not severe before they will remove the child. If mom says her boyfriend who raped her daughter is no longer in the picture then they will try and return the daughter. They have no way of knowing that mom lets him move back in when they are no longer in the picture.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 4:23 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• JoLee12345 says: foster homes cause 45% od child abuse... and really if there is an issue the police should be called and if the they find need for CPS orDFS to be called, then the should take that step. On our COS website it said that 76% of reports are found UNFOUNDED...

I say:  I am a foster parent.  The system is far from perfect, but children deserve hope and love.  Are there bad foster parents?  Sure!  But 45% cause child abuse? Where did you get that statistic?? And even if people are wasting valuable time with BS calls if 76% of cases are fraud (according to you), then 24% are necessary.  And those babies need a voice.  The children who have been in my care needed a safe, loving home. 

Instead of everyone t

love2snorkel70

Answer by love2snorkel70 at 4:29 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Instead of eveyone tearing apart an already broken system, get off your butts and get involved. Volunteer in a shelter, become a CASA or foster parent and become an answer. These children deserve love, understanding and a safe place to thrive They are worh it!!
    love2snorkel70

Answer by love2snorkel70 at 4:31 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• attap5 in your case that stinks but who wanted the girl out of your home? Maybe your husband should have left your home with his child and took care of her himself until it was safe for her to be in your home again. Seems your SD was failed by both parents and not by the system.
    Anonymous

• love2snorkel70 wish more people felt as you do. To many times as a foster parent I hear how kids are ripped away from loving homes only to leave the worse cases at home with abusive family. Or how these kids are not getting the help they need. Most don't realize that only a small % of mental & physical health services will take medical cards to help them get the treatment they need. They don't realize that it's not made up of just case workers but includes the police, judge, foster parents, gal's, birth parents, teachers, coaches, etc. The lowly case worker usually gets most the blame when they really don't get a lot of say so in the cases as they keep getting buried under with more of a work load.

So instead of putting them down become part of the solution! Yeah I'm on my high horse here.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 4:40 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• No. I just think people call for stupid reasons causing backlogs for the case workers. Which in turn causes bigger issues.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 2:46 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Because it is! They stick their damn noses were it doesn't belong yet they don't bother with the real cases. My niece was raped at age 3 and CPS did NOTHING! Put her right back in the home where the rapist lived! After that my parents paid off her mom and got custody of her to get out of that situation.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:04 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• CPS isnt perfect. People arent perfect, but to do nothing is intollerable.
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 3:42 PM on Jun. 24, 2011