How do you deal with picky eaters?

tspillane

Asked by tspillane at 2:55 PM on Jun. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• I just make sure that there is something they will eat on the dinner table. Last night I grilled swordfish for me, my husband and my oldest son. I know my daughter would never eat that, so I threw on some chicken. I also made corn on the cob and asparagus. My older son had it all. My daughter had chicken, corn and a little asparagus. My youngest only had corn. If he was hungry later I would have offered a cheese stick, but he wasn't. I don't create fights around food. As long as everyone can eat something somewhat healthy, I'm fine with it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:59 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• i usually make more then one breakfast, lunch and dinner, i dont mind as long as everyone eats then on thier way.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 3:02 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I make one meal. If you dont eat your food you dont get dessert.
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 3:37 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• i am with Ms.Gwen. If you don't eat the meal i worked my ass off to make, then your not going to get any sweets. I try not to make meals that most of us don't like. But if its something new they don't leave the table till they have taken 5 "thank you" bites. You never know your gonna like it till you try it.
    katie201005

Answer by katie201005 at 5:36 PM on Jun. 24, 2011