When pregnant is it harder for your body to fight something as simple as a cold?

I am 9 weeks pregnant and i have a cold that is not going away, is this just something that happens or should i be worried.

momtobe522

Asked by momtobe522 at 2:57 PM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It could be allergies. My allergies were much worse while pregnant. I actually got asthma for the first time while pregnant and it lasted for years.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:06 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I had colds for much longer when I was pregnant. Take care of yourself, because if you are prone to sinus infections you could end up with one too.
    alphamom26

Answer by alphamom26 at 3:09 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• well thats me lol im always gettin them
    momtobe522

Comment by momtobe522 (original poster) at 3:14 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• No it's just that you are limited on what you can take to shorten the time you have it.

Most colds last the same amount of time but we take meds to limit the symptoms so it seems that we get over it quicker.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:17 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• You immune system doesn't work so well so it doesn't attack your baby. It sees the baby as a foreign invader. So yes, it's harder to fight off other things like colds too. And a reason why a flu shot is suggested.
    JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 3:24 PM on Jun. 24, 2011