Anyone who isn't going to lecture and criticize me..?

I DO NOT want lectures and criticism and BS. If you are going to do that, your post will be removed. I am just looking for anyone who is HELPFUL and knows any not so bad tasting castor oil recipes. I dont feel like explaining my situation again but long story short, I took it once with the nasty tasting recipe that my doctor gave me for it and it worked but after it was full blown working and I was having constant painful contractions, I took a bath which relaxed my muscles and reversed the effect. (I am now very mad at myself for taking the very relaxing and enjoyable bath lol) My doctor said that I could take the drink again, but I really am not looking forward to the disgusting Orange Juice, Castor Oil, and Vanilla Ice Cream shake lol. Has anyone used any recipes that didn't taste so bad? Thank you!

lizjones

Asked by lizjones at 2:58 PM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Didn't use it. Good luck.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 3:00 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I'm sorry I wish I could help but I did want to mention in case you didn't know.....after the taking caster oil delivery can be very messy. (so i've heard) GL Mama!!
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 3:01 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• :( so many risks to that. Why don't you google acupressure points for putting you into labor? Clary Sage is a great essential oil for promoting contractions(google it). And then their is the breast pump method. You'll have to google that too. It's about pumping for a time frame, taking a break and pumping again.  Good-luck on your birth!

Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 3:03 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• i have not, but if you do find a good tasting one pass the reciept along this way id love to know.
    bamamommy2009

Answer by bamamommy2009 at 3:03 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I'm sorry that you will have to endure it again. Anyone criticizing you should probably look in the mirror because a lot of them are women who will go and have an induction which is chemical medication AND proven to cut off circulation and respiration to the baby. Can you maybe try chocolate instead of orange?
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 3:04 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I don't think there *is* a way to disguise that nasty stuff. Just hold your nose and down it. Most of taste is actually smell.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:05 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Thank you all for being the complete opposite of everyone else who judged, criticized, and insulted me on my other post of an attempt to get an answer for this. I really appreciate it.

Attap5- I was thinking about chocolate, I wasnt sure if anyone knew if it covered the taste a bit better than vanilla ice cream.
    lizjones

Comment by lizjones (original poster) at 3:08 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• attap5, I have never had an induction. And my last baby was a home waterbirth! I would do like Lynette said if I really wanted to get things going! I personally would not do caster oil, to high of a risk

Anonymous

• BTW... nipple stimulation is possibly the best inducer I know of. Outside of sex.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:10 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Why would anyone lecture you about that ? I don't know anything about this stuff, Hun. I just wanted to say google it and I'm sure you'll come up with something. ya know ?? Good Luck, Hun. Take care of yourself.
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 3:10 PM on Jun. 24, 2011