Seeing Red.

We let my SIL borrow our car bc her loser boyfriend took off with hers, and all of this other legal mumbo. Well they had court this morning and shes carting him around in our car. After being told I didnt want him near my car. The judge placed a ppo on them to where the were not to be together or she could get 4 years, but we see how much she cares about not having her kids taken away. Grrr. Her mom the one who usualy helps her out, is dealing wtih her FIL in hospice and cant be there to smooth things like she normally does. Let alone the SIL even giving to squirts about the grandfather. I told DH I wanted my car back tonight and she can find another way to work and home tomorrow. Am I wrong? Will it be wrong when I get pissed at DH becuase he will probably reply with ok, then do nothing and just let her keep it for the night? We have been driving his aunts Tahoe, and she has our only working car.

kgrine

Asked by kgrine at 3:15 PM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• I would ask for it back, She already broke one of the rules you set.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:17 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I wouldn't knowingly let anyone do anything illegal in my vehicle. You are completely justified in your feelings and actions. Good luck.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 3:18 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I told DH to let her know we wanted it, but in order to keep the peace I dont think he will.
    kgrine

Comment by kgrine (original poster) at 3:19 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• If they get pulled over in it and they run them and there are PPO orders on them, they are both liable to be hauled off to jail and your car will be impounded.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 3:23 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• They ad court this morning and he is in jail- I dont know what the hell is wrong in her head, but IM DONE. grr.
    kgrine

Comment by kgrine (original poster) at 3:25 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• He should support you regardless. I support my DH even when I know he's wrong then discuss it behind closed doors.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 3:27 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• We try, but sometimes he doesnt have a clear fishbowl if you get my drift. His sisters are pretty good manipulators if you know what I mean.
    kgrine

Comment by kgrine (original poster) at 3:29 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• You have an extra set of keys.....get a ride and get your car back. Got extra cash? Call a lock smith and have him change the locks on the car doors, keep the keys and go home. The car is yours. Prove it by taking it back.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 3:38 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I would but she knows there would be hell if she didnt hand it over plus dh gave her the big set with other keys on it.
    kgrine

Comment by kgrine (original poster) at 3:40 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Don't put your DH in the middle. If you want your car back, then you should tell her. I would want mine back in this instance. Just tell her that you need it back. She will have to rent/buy get a ride or take the bus. It isn't really your problem.
    momofkids

Answer by momofkids at 3:40 PM on Jun. 24, 2011