Should I take another pregnancy test if the Vertical line is very faintly there?

I have a 16 month old son, and i think im pregnant again. I took a home pregnancy test and the vertical line very very faintly showed up. Should I take it as yes im pregnant or take another one. A couple of things that scare me though, I had the depo prevera shot back in June and didnt have a period until last month but it was only spotting for a couple of days. Now im about 3 days late. Also, my son was born with alot of birth defects. Im scared that if i am pregnant it could happen again even though its only a 9 percent chance it could.. My fiance' doesnt want another child yet should i feel bad if i am pregnant? I mean he didnt do anything to prevent it from happening and he knew i wanted another baby.

Chancesmommi

Asked by Chancesmommi at 10:19 PM on Dec. 13, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Don't bother. A line is a line, no matter how faint. I hope everything works out!
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 10:22 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Take another test just so you don't wonder. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 10:23 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• No you should not feel bad at all if you are pregnant. If you are pregnant then it is in Gods plan. Good luck!!
    Anonymous

• You should not feel bad about being pregnant unless you were lying to him about the chances of it happening. Generally, if there is any sort of line, you're pregnant, but just so you don't wonder, take another one, and take it first thing in the morning. You should get a darker line. I hope everything goes well for you.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 10:37 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• that faint line is what got me 3 kids! don't feel bad if you're not pregnant. if he didnt want another kid that bad he would also use condoms on top of depo. and like all other BC depo is not 100% effective. im sorry your other child has defects..was it becuase of BC??
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:56 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• My mom works in the medical field and reads pregnancy tests all the time.. even if the line is faint... it means the pregnancy horomone is there. Even if the line is faint, a person in the medical field would say yes you are pregnant. If you aren't sure though, wait a few more days and try again. The horomone doubles every day!
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 12:19 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• i took a hpt 4 times before i was convinced i was pregger
    rileysmama8808

Answer by rileysmama8808 at 12:20 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• If there are 2 lines then your pregnant no matter how faint it is (I read the instrunctions) but you could take another test in a few days just to double check. Don't feel bad about being preggo, I know your child is still young but babies are never mistakes.
    maderacaligirl

Answer by maderacaligirl at 12:38 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Hi there,
    The cold will not affect the pregnancy, so try drinking gatorade or pedialite and crackers.
    Good luck!
    http://www.bumpfashion.com
    bumpfashion

Answer by bumpfashion at 12:59 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• It's worth repeating again tomorrow. Try doing it when you first get up in the AM, because the HCG level is most concentrated then.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:36 AM on Dec. 14, 2008