Ok this is just a question about medication this is a long Question

and if any of you have taken or you know of someone who has taken this medication . Ok so i am 22 yrs old and mother to one child i have always had a problem with severe acne and any treatment i would try would work for a short period and then my acne would come back i went to see a dermatoligist earlier this week and she wants to put me on a program that is considered a cure and has worked wonders on my type of acne the drug is called isotretinoin i think isotren for short well i trust that the medication will work but y real problem is that it is a category X drug and you have to be on two forms of birth control and monthly preg tests cause if you get pregnant while taking this drug it can cause seriours birth defects, miscarriage or the baby could die shortly after death. it is only a five month treatment course and then they say you can get off the birth controll one month after finishing treatment.

garricksmommy

Asked by garricksmommy at 10:20 PM on Dec. 13, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• and if any of you have taken or you know of someone who has taken this medication . Ok so i am Well my SO and i would like to have one more child in mid 2010 i start this treatment in jan should be off it in june and then off bc end of july and then we want to try to concieve in october. well i am wanting to know if you have done this treatment after you finished if you became preg if you had a normal pregnancy or if it was a high risk and most importantly was the baby born normal and healthy. I have talked to my primary doctor my physcholist and have an appt with my ob next week so pleas do not ridicule on that point i just want to hear from other moms who have been through this or who have helpful advice
    garricksmommy

Answer by garricksmommy at 10:22 PM on Dec. 13, 2008