D&C

I just had a missed miscarriage. I'm 22 and have two healthy daughters. Do you think getting a d&c will hinder my ability to carry a child to term. I'm very worried! :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:48 PM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Not at all, I had 2 kids after my D&C.
    anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 3:50 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Not at all. I had one and then had 2 more healthy children.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:50 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Do u mean a miscarriage? No, a D&C will not. U need to get it done. Sorry for your loss! How far along were u?
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:51 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• 8 weeks 5 days exactly the heart stopped. Must of been right before my ultrasound. It's been a horrible road. I just want to know I can try this again once i recover.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:53 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I had 2 D&Cs. 1 after 13 weeks of pregnancy and 1 after 14 weeks. I went on and had 2 dd and didn't have a single problem getting pregnant with them. I am so sorry for your loss hun. Hugs.
    zoomomto3

Answer by zoomomto3 at 3:54 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• It can happen. I had a D&C after miscarriage and then was told after years of trying I'd only be good for IVF. Fortunately for me a laporoscopy was just enough to unblock one tube. Now I have 5 kids! I'm impressed you'd even ask such a question. Many can just follow doctors orders blindly. Unless there was HARD argument (research this if you have to) for the D&C I would allow your body to handle your loss slowly and effectively for you. I'm sorry you baby didn't make it. x
    Womamhood

Answer by Womamhood at 3:55 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I had a D & C due to polyps years ago. I had a baby after that. Although she was a preemie it had nothing to do with the D&C, her cord was tied in a knot and she stopped growing. I'm sorry for your loss.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 3:55 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• ive read that its easier to get pg after a d&c.. something about the walls of your uterus being smooth making it easier for implantation.... so sorry to hear that.,.. miscarriages are never easy... it will happen again for u ... good luck
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 3:56 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• no,i had a healthy little girl after my d&c.sorry for your loss.
    kb24

Answer by kb24 at 3:57 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I am very sorry for your loss dear. Having a D & C should not hinder your ability to carry another child to term. During my childbearing years I too had to have a D&C and that was over 28 years ago...after that I carried two children to term without problems. As a retired nurse I am happy to tell you that this procedure has come a long way. The one bit of advice I would share is afterwards follow the physicans orders and don't be lifting heavy objects for a couple of days (or longer, depending on his orders). If your girls need to be picked up have them get on a couch, chair or bed and lift them instead of directly from the floor. (It's much easier on you and your healing.)
    Marine88Mom

Answer by Marine88Mom at 4:00 PM on Jun. 24, 2011