I am a 27 year old mommy of four. Now that I am out of the baby stages..I want to go back to school.

I stay at home and would like to go into nursing. The thing is..I have no idea where to start and know I will need help financially with this, Anyone go to school who can tell me where to start. I have no idea, but i figuire as long as I am staying at home this would be the perfect opportunity.

amandaberry26

Asked by amandaberry26 at 4:37 PM on Jul. 12, 2008 in Money & Work

• I'd start with your community colleges and see what programs they offer. They tend to be less expensive, but great. There are grants and loans. Look up the college websites and they should have financial aid links. Best wishes to you!
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 8:48 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Hi Amandaberry26,
    I can tell you what I do. I go to school online at Axia. I'm studying Business Administration and Management. As for as my income I am an Independent Business Owner with Ameriplan. Yes I go to school and work all at home. You may want to look into some online university's to see if they offer what your wanting to do. If you have any questions, just ask.
    mommy_me32

Answer by mommy_me32 at 5:24 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• There is a pell grant you can apply for to help pay for school. I went to back to school when my youngest was in 3rd grade. Best thing I ever did for me and my family
    mimitothree

Answer by mimitothree at 7:53 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• My sister-in-law recently decided the same thing. She quit her regular job, and got a job at a hospital so she'd be around nursing all of the time. She is taking classes online.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 8:26 PM on Jul. 12, 2008