Baby wetting through at night?

I'm asking for a friend:
Her baby is just over a year old and is wetting through his diapers at night. They have moved up a size in diapers and tried the Pampers Nightttime diapers. I recommended they stop putting him to bed with a bottle (to prevent the wetting through and for his teeth), but she won't hear of it. Is there anything else she can do? (I never had this problem with any of mine)

Asked by missanc at 3:57 PM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• although the not putting the bed with a bottle is a good suggestion but they dont wanna do it soo moving on... maybe they bought a size too big of the diapers? i had that with my oldest ds .. he would constantly pee through everything...he stopped after we stopped giving him liquids late at night.. maybe they can try changing him while hes asleep before they go to bed?
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 3:59 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• She cuold reduce his drinks prior to going to bed and having his bottle? That would help. Check the nappies aren't too big or too loose? OR she could try stocking up on pjs and matress covers and blankets and just rolling with the punches if her son is comfortable? x
    Womamhood

Answer by Womamhood at 4:10 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• i agree with zperez i would make sure he has a dry diaper before putting baby to bed and if he is still wetting the bed shes going to have to change him in the middle of the night sounds like he either has a huge bladder that holds pee to the last min or a very small bladder that doesnt hold much either way idk sounds serious
    MinnieMoni

Answer by MinnieMoni at 4:16 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• well your suggestion was very good. But is she doesn't want to listen, than there really isn't any point in this post because she isn't going to listen to this. But if she does stop giving him a bottle at night and stops giving him something to drink a hour or so before bed time and make sure his diaper is fresh when she lays him down, he shouldn't have any more problems.
    katie201005

Answer by katie201005 at 4:20 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I would always put a blanket on top of the crib sheet and have my DD sleep in only her diaper. If I'd come in the night and found she'd wet through, then I just changed her diaper, pulled up the wet blanket (recommend fleece so it doesn't soak through) and put her back down on her clean sheets.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 4:37 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• My son used to do this...and guess what the solution was?

Reduce amount of fluids before bedtime. Doesn't necessarily have to be the bedtime bottle....
    mommydinasaur

Answer by mommydinasaur at 4:44 PM on Jun. 24, 2011