Name something that annoys you about your neighbors--

mowing the lawnI was just listening to all that's been going on in our neighborhood today...noises, lawn mowers, tree-trimmers etc.

and I got to wondering how many other people have a neighbor or two that just annoy them to no end??

We have a family who are constantly  "borrowing" things from us. It's been 4yrs now.  It's way beyond a cup of sugar type thing.  They've done everything except come out and literally ask for money.  Don't some people just know when you've sort of ...uh umm, worn out your welcome on this??

We have loaned them our lawnmower, weed-eater, string, tools, gas, jack, cell phone numerous times, toilet paper ( I'm NOT kidding)...the list goes on and on.........the thing is, they always have company on weekends, throwing a beer/bbq all summer long but never can buy their own lawn mower or weed-eater etc.  We are not the only neighbors they borrow from either.  Our 80yo neighbor lady 'Bea" who is very sweet and lives alone constantly loans them stuff too.  These people are 45 'sh and have 2 teen boys. Why are they still so dependent on others and I wonder if they do this everywhere they move to.

Are we enablers?  Do we just say no and put up with the consequences of unfriendliness? or Are we supposed to keep the peace and just keep loaning out our stuff that we've worked hard for. Hmmmm....

So.....who aggrevates YOU to no end??  This is your chance to gripe about that neighbor that drives you up the wall!!!!  

KellyGirl_TX

Asked by KellyGirl_TX at 4:05 PM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Just for Fun

• angryOMG, my neighbor across the street puts her 2 Shitzus outside on the 2nd floor deck and all they do is bark and bark at everything and nothing at all. Why have 2 dogs if you are not going to take care of them.

RedDahlia82

Answer by RedDahlia82 at 10:03 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• My wonderful neighbors are selling their house and moving to Arizona (we're in Ohio). I'm nervous about who's going to purchase their house! So, I guess the thing that is aggrevating me is that they are leaving.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 4:07 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• The ones across the street are nosy but harmless. The ones to one side of us are crazy rednecks and can get really loud with their music and their 4wheelers and their drunken arguments. The ones to the other side are just fine and I have no issues with them.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 4:08 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• The next door neighbor feeds about 20 cats. Guess what. Three of them are very pregnant. I am about to cave and let dh buy that sling shot.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 4:09 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I love most of my neighbors...except for one....she and her SO fight constantly, they have 2 dogs that are NEVER chained, and 2 boys that have no respect for anyone's property and have done serious damage to my flower beds.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 4:10 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Yes, the ever-pregnant cats (crapping in my garden). Most of my neighbors are quiet and friendly. There is one house, almost a block away, where the teens blast music till their parents get home from work. I can hear the bass thumping even when my windows are closed -- puts a damper on my quiet time reading in the shade outside. I'm gonna have to spill the beans on them.

Other than that, this neighborhood has been really nice.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 4:14 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• only one thing! well um working on cars at 2am! blasting loud music, yelling!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 4:16 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• my last neighbor use to complain about EVERYTHING! she tryed telling me i needed to leave MY porch light on in back so se could see what was going on! i got a new car & she came over to the driveway & was just looking at it without me being out there! & scream back to her friends she doesnt have valid plates! The next day i got a note on my door from apartment complex saying i needed to do something about my car! & then she was always asking me who lived with me & how often i worked. SHE WAS ALWAYS IN OUR BUSINESS! so annoying! happy to move!
    jennifer_oakley

Answer by jennifer_oakley at 6:08 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• We have a yardwork addict. Mows at least 3 times a week. If left unchecked, he will gradually mow further and further into our lawn because he's ocd about it being just the right height, and our property line is not a perfect right angle. We really wouldn't care except 1) we have a sprinkler system and he mows low enough it risks breaking them, and 2) he mows so low it will burn brown in the hotter months. We suspect, but cannot prove, that he got a new mower because he hit one of our sprinkler heads (again) and couldn't fix the damage to his old mower. Serves him right.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:34 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• My old neighborhood was drama hill. We had the whores, the busy body, the know it all. Most from one family 3 houses. My neighbor was the queen whore. Late night parties, drinking and fighting. I am so glad we are gone. I hated that place.
    SweetPea726

Answer by SweetPea726 at 6:38 PM on Jun. 24, 2011