My 3 yr old has a bold spot on his head ...

he had a bold spot for about a couple weeks and now i noticed its gottne bigger and he hs a little one on the top of his head. what could it be from? what all could cause this? dont trust bf could he of done something?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:10 PM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Health

• The best thing to do is to see a doctor. It could be something as simple as him having tried to cut gum out of his hair or something, or it could be a sign of some underlying issue- for instance, my dh has something called alopecia areata, which is essentially an autoimmune disorder that causes patchy hair loss. He will develop little bald spots in his scalp because of it. Hair thinning can also be a sign of some thyroid conditions, so I would take him to the doctor just to rule out underlying problems.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 4:13 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Visit your doc.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 4:15 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I would take him to the doctor it may be something serious or just how he's sleeping but you don't want to make the mistake of ;etting something get worse.
    BillieHolidae

Answer by BillieHolidae at 4:25 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• My son developed alopecia in his 30's. I would take him to the doctor. It can be something very simple, even a vitamin deficiency can cause hair loss. And that can be easily solved. Better to be safe with your little guy.
    Hunnieto3

Answer by Hunnieto3 at 9:22 PM on Jun. 24, 2011