Does anyone know of any diets that work?

BRamirez719

Asked by BRamirez719 at 4:29 PM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I used Weight Watchers successfully.

cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:34 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I read an article that Weight Watchers was the top ranked "diet". However, I firmly believe that lifestyle change and exercise is the only way to really lose the weight and be healthy.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 4:34 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Yeah. It's called the "Eat healthy, and Exercise Diet".

mommydinasaur

Answer by mommydinasaur at 4:45 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I am starting nutrisystem tomorrow. I just got my food intoday. I am excited to try it. It is already portioned out for you and that is what i have difficulty with. So i am hoping this along with starting an exercise routine will work. I have done weight watchers but it was just too hard for me to have the time to count points with 3 kids under the age of three.
    jaceyrayesmom

Answer by jaceyrayesmom at 5:15 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I do eat healthy & exercise but it's not really doing much
    BRamirez719

Comment by BRamirez719 (original poster) at 6:13 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• If you are eating within your calorie needs, and a healthy balance at those calories....and burning at least 500 more calories a day than you ate....you will lose a pound a week.

You need to calculate your BMR. Go here: http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/
    Enter your info. That your BMR, that's the number of calories your body burns a day with no activity, as in laying in bed and not lifting a finger. Follow the link below your number on that sight to see how to calculate how many calories you need to maintain your current weight (you multiply your BMR by your activity level)! The subtract 500 calories from that amount to see what you should eat a day to LOSE weight.

Now, for example, let's say your BMR is 1513 (thats mine BTW) 1513 x 1.55 (moderate activity) = 2345, 2345 - 500 is 1845. I should eat 1845, meaning to lose a pound a week I need to BURN 2345 a day (500 more than I ate).....CONT
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 8:34 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• CONT.....you might look at that and think, that's a LOT to burn. But the BMR, what I burn doing nothing is already 1513 so I only need to burn 832 calories a day with my exercise and activity....from dishes, laundry, playing with kids, cooking dinner, etc, etc 832 is pretty easy!

But keep in mind calories aren't created equal, white bread and carbs is junk, processed boxed foods with powder mixes, junk....sugary soda, diet soda, candy...fatty meats/proteins....junk. The healthier those calories are the more you'll rev your metbolism and burn even more when resting and in activity.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 8:37 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• You need to start keeping a food journal. You're probably not eating as well as you think. Seeing it on paper can make a big difference. Check out Sparkpeople.com. They have a free nutrition tracker, including an iPhone app if that suits you, and it will let you enter in your food log and calculate the calories for you. It's pretty eye opening. I didn't realize how huge my portions were or how many calories were actually in some foods until I did this. Be sure to actually measure, too, don't just eyeball. I eat clean, which is all about lifestyle change and healthy habits. No processed foods, no sugar, no refined grains, no liquid calories (juice, Gatorade, etc). You should check it out!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:51 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Diets don't work. Only a lifestyle change will...don't buy junk food (anything packaged), and buy food that only has 1-2 ingredients...a good rule of thumb is if it rots, it's good for you. Also, shop around the grocery store instead of in the aisles.
    H.I.S.

Answer by H.I.S. at 2:09 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Herbalife. It's more of a lifestyle change. I lost over 100 pounds with it.
    ZanderandBella

Answer by ZanderandBella at 2:46 AM on Jun. 26, 2011