Who's heard of the seven year itch?

On the Doctors I them talk about how married couples start to experiment in the bedroom about the seventh year of marriage. I have been feeling a little extra freaky we just passed year 8. Who can relate?

BillieHolidae

Asked by BillieHolidae at 4:35 PM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• well My df and I have been together 5yrs in september, and I've been feeling freaky the last couple of months. we've been trying things that normally I wouldnt like, and I liked them!!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 4:37 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• It can go other ways too. The 7 yr itch can also lead to wanting someone else or out of the marriage completely. I have been there myself. I married at 18 though and woke up to figure out I married a totally abusive idiot and ended the marriage. I met a great guy and we dated awhile. That was my 7 yr itch LOL./

Answer by gemgem at 4:37 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Not I. I don't get it. Dh and I have been together 8 years. We have been married 4 in a few weeks. But we have been sexual longer than our 4 years married. So is it 7 years of marriage ( how does that change anything?) or is it 7 years physically active in the bedroom??
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 4:37 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• We've always had great sex and we've never been shy, but my husband got extra creative at the 5 year mark. I'd just had our first baby, and I didn't feel much like sex. He did everything he could to get me interested in it again. It worked.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:37 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• haha My mother always made it sound like the 7 yr itch is when they decide to see other people after being with someone for that long. Like itching to be with anyone or everyone else. She left my dad after 7 yrs, maybe that's how she reasons it that way.

We been married 7 yrs this month but together for 11. I've been freaky on and off but it's exceptional now because I want a baby. lol Cant' say I noticed anything at any specific year
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 4:40 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Good question @BabyBugs I have no clue but I guess it can apply to a physical relationship with someone it makes plenty of sense.
    BillieHolidae

Comment by BillieHolidae (original poster) at 4:41 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Who hasn't?

tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:42 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• not a clue
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 11:19 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• A little freaky is great in a marriage keeps it interesting and fun....keep up the good work
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 8:44 PM on Jun. 25, 2011