Are u on a grain free diet? Know any recipies?

I've developed an intolerance to grains and can't eat them. (wheat, gluten, rye, rice, oats, corn)

It's been years since I've had spaghetti, but I do make it for the kids. The have a wheat / gluten allergy so I make a regular spaghetti sauce and use rice pasta. It's just like real spaghetti. Only, I can't eat the pasta. :-(

I'm wanting to make a new recipe that we can all eat and share together. I love spaghetti sauce but never figured out what I can do with it other than put it on pasta.

Does anyone know of a dish or recipe that has a tomato / spaghetti like sauce flavor to it that is really good that doesn't have pasta in it or can easily be made without the pasta?

Any ideas? Thanks :-)

Anonymous5

Asked by Anonymous5 at 4:44 PM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• how about baked chicken breast covered in spag sauce and topped with mozzarella cheese? we also really like to cut up a zucchini and put it in a pot of sauce on low until the zucchini is soft...you can then sprinkle some cheese over it before eating.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 4:51 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Cabbage rolls, or lean beef patties can be simmered in tomato based sauces, any meat really - I've done pork chops, fish, chicken, etc, in tomato based sauces (fresh marinara mostly).
    lore_tex

Answer by lore_tex at 10:17 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/products/p/shiratakinoodle.htm

These works well with most pastas and soups.
    H.I.S.

Answer by H.I.S. at 2:03 AM on Jun. 25, 2011