Do you drink alcohol or smoke in front of your kids?

BillieHolidae

Asked by BillieHolidae at 4:46 PM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• my kids have seen me smoke they are 6 and 3. But I don't smoke now. I am 33 weeks pregnant. I don't drink that much, but if I do they might se me drink one or 2, but if I plan on getting drunk or something (which isn't very often) I wont do that until they are sound to sleep
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 4:48 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• nope i never had and never will i guess because i dont do neither of those things
    pretty143

Answer by pretty143 at 4:49 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I will have wine or beer in front of my boys. I don't see it as an issue.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 5:03 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I rarely drink, but if I do, half the time they are around & see but don't always realize it. I don't smoke at all so that's nil.
    Anonymous

• I have drank in front of my son. There is nothing wrong with drinking responsibly in front of children. They need to see that it's ok if done in a responsible manner. I don't drive when I drink either.

I don't smoke so he has never seen that.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:22 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Yes my boys have seen me do both.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 8:38 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• no to either
    don't drink or smoke

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:01 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• i have drank in front of my dd. but i am of age and i am responsible adult that is allowed to drink. i do not drive but if you are of age then what is wrong with drinking in front of your children? its not illegal unless you are under 21 and/or driving and are over the limit. i tell her its adult beverages not for little kids. education about drinking and smoking is done at home. i do not smoke but i am sure there are adults that have children that choose to do it in front of them. and that is fine for them. they are of age also. but i would not go around telling children not do it if i do it. when they are of age and responsible its fine. i hope to one day when my daughter is of a legal age i can have a cocktail with her like i do with my parents.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 9:36 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I don't smoke and I only drink when my son is in bed
    rec104

Answer by rec104 at 10:05 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I don't smoke. I occasionally have a drink in front of my kids, but only one and only on rare occasion.

Answer by missanc at 10:47 PM on Jun. 24, 2011