How late should a 13 year old boy be out ?

claybasket

Asked by claybasket at 4:50 PM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• My curfew was 10pm at that age, but I lived in a very safe neighborhood. I think that makes a huge difference on curfew.
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 4:54 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• My Kids are still young but they will be in the house before it gets dark. I don't care how safe the neighborhood is kids are hard to see in the dark and I would not want some idiot rushing home to hit my child.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:57 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• By law, in the city that I live in a 13 year old must be in (unless they are with a parent/guardian of course) by 9:15pm on weeknights and 10:15 on weekends. So, my son's curfew when he was that age was those times.

((The times change at 14 but only by 1 hour on weeknights and 2 hours on weekends.))
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:12 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• i like that city! i thinks that's reasonable.
    claybasket

Comment by claybasket (original poster) at 5:18 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• My 13 yr old's curfew is 10pm as long as I know where he is and who he is with. He also has to check in with me at specific times if its not outside at our house.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 5:21 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Your teenager needs to follow the rules on curfew in your area. if not the police will make mom or dad come down to the station to pick up the kid!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 5:25 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• even on school night's?
    claybasket

Comment by claybasket (original poster) at 5:25 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• School nights 9pm and no dating too young. Weekends with friends - 10pm. 13 yr old don't need to be out later than that.

And why ask? You are the parent - be the parent and if you don't want him out past 8pm - set his curfew as that. YOU know your area, YOU know what your gut is telling you - GO WITH IT!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:03 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Where are they going at 13? My kids are not that age yet but when dh and I were 13 we went to school, did school activities and came home. On weekends we might have gone to a friend's house but the parents were always there and drove us around if we went anywhere. At that age we were not allowed to ride in cars with teenage drivers. There wasn't a need for a curfew.
    Anonymous

• I was ALWAYS 9 PM weeknights 10PM weekends until I graduated high school. But even then I was required to check in when I left a place, where I was going next and when I was headed home so they new where I was last if (heaven forbid) I didn't turn up the next morning.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 10:04 PM on Jun. 24, 2011