What should I do... adult content

I have a little sister (same father different mother) who comes over to my house to escape her alcoholic mum all the time. During the course of us sheltering her she met a friend of ours (my husband's "best friend") who is 33 years old (soon to be 34). He began to hit on her and became irate when we told him she is off limits. My little sister is 16. Initially I got her to tell him that she was not interested but in reality she is. I don't know what to do. This guy got so angry when we told him to back of saying it was none of our business that it was her choice and that he would "punish" me eventually for interfering. Clearly my little sis has some daddy issues and fully admits she likes older men bc it makes her feel special. I have no idea what to do. Currently I am the only one she confides in but I do not think I can be supportive to this. Right now he has begun to contact her again (she just broke up with her boyfriend) and wants to take her on a "date". She lives with her stepfather (no longer with her mother) who is a good guy but not great with boundaries. He might kill this guy if I tell him. Anyone have any idea on how to approach this?

NightOwlMama

Asked by NightOwlMama at 4:54 PM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• Let this guy know that if ANYTHING happens between them you will call the police and that it is statutory rape!
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 4:55 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I agree with alinker, and if he threatens to "punish you" just call the cops anyway, what a creaton!!
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 4:56 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• statutory rape. just let both of them know that this won't end good.
    abannist

Answer by abannist at 4:56 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I would tell him if it messes with her, takes her on a date etc.. you will call the cops.. Until she is 18, he is off limits.. A twenty year old, I could see but 34... She is easy pray for him.. Sounds as though she is heading down a road of trouble.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:57 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• If anything should happen physically between the two of them it's considered satutory rape even with her consent. You might ask him how he would like to spend time in jail for it and be labeled a sex offender the rest of his life.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 5:00 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• It depends on which state you're in, alinker. If she was a legal adult, I would think differently because both of them are consenting adults. But shes 16...its wrong...no 16 year old knows what she wants, and a 34 year old man, has a pretty good idea of what he wants. My husband and I are 10 years apart. I'm 20, hes 30. In the beginning people were really disrespectful of us being together, even though I was an adult. They called him a pedophile which really pissed me off, because if you knew myhusband, hes a really nice guy, and doesn't deserve that at all. Your sister probably feels older than she actually is, and has probably been through more crap than any normal 16 year old has, but you need to tell her to wait till shes 18, and tell him to wait till shes 18 or he could get his ass thrown in jail real quick.
    monstersmommy20

Answer by monstersmommy20 at 5:02 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• yeah I did that, he said I was just trying to be a controlling bitch and that it was not my decision to make. He also told me that his ex wife was 16 and he 21 when they got together and then told me he would leave her alone and started contacting her behind my back. (except that she tells me everything.)
    NightOwlMama

Comment by NightOwlMama (original poster) at 5:03 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• WHOA! Have your hubby tell him to never talk to you that way, and in no way is he supposed to be talking to your sister. See if you can get her a different number. Explain to her that you still want her to have a childhood and should avoid this guy.
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 5:05 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Get a restraining order!
    ValMommy17

Answer by ValMommy17 at 5:13 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Yeah...16 will get ya 20. Tell him that. Check out the laws in your state and go from there. Thats sick. It really really is. Especially since he is almost double her age, if she was older, it would be different, she is a TEENAGER. He is a grown man, if ANYONE that age hit on my daughter and she was 16, the shot gun is coming and he better get use to having a HIGH voice.
    MissyNewMama

Answer by MissyNewMama at 5:18 PM on Jun. 24, 2011