Little Sister big deal... adult content

I have a little sister (same father different mother) who comes over to my house to escape her alcoholic mum all the time. During the course of us sheltering her she met a friend of ours (my husband's "best friend") who is 33 years old (soon to be 34). He began to hit on her and became irate when we told him she is off limits. My little sister is 16. Initially I got her to tell him that she was not interested but in reality she is. I don't know what to do. This guy got so angry when we told him to back of saying it was none of our business that it was her choice and that he would "punish" me eventually for interfering. Clearly my little sis has some daddy issues and fully admits she likes older men bc it makes her feel special. I have no idea what to do. Currently I am the only one she confides in but I do not think I can be supportive to this. Right now he has begun to contact her again (she just broke up with her boyfriend) and wants to take her on a "date". She lives with her stepfather (no longer with her mother) who is a good guy but not great with boundaries. He might kill this guy if I tell him. Anyone have any idea on how to approach this? I am not okay with him perseuing her but I do not know how to go about this.

NightOwlMama

Asked by NightOwlMama at 4:55 PM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Gain evidence of his advances and provide the police with said evidence and recommend that SD get her into therapy for her daddy issues. Until she works through these psychological issues she has she will remain susceptible to these kinds of advances. These kinds of issues can lead her into extremely dangerous situations. She's your sister. Do whatever it takes. Don't wait until she's found defiled and deceased on a roadside because she met up with one of these men. Get her help before she gets hurt.

hugs

MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 10:00 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I would tell him if it messes with her, takes her on a date etc.. you will call the cops.. Until she is 18, he is off limits.. A twenty year old, I could see but 34... She is easy pray for him.. Sounds as though she is heading down a road of trouble.

He would no longer be my DH's best friend after a remark like he made nor would he be welcome in my home again.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:01 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Inform him that you will notify the police if he doesn't back off.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 5:01 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• The date is a NO!!! I had issues with an older guy when I was younger, so dont let her get caught into that trap. Have your husband tell him to back off. You should not have to tell this guy that what he's doing is wrong.
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 5:02 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I would tell the Dad and threaten him with the cops.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 5:22 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• What do you do?? Involve the police if necessary. It isn't right! No 33 yr old should EVER be interested in a 16 yr old.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:01 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I would warn him to back off or you will report it.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 2:09 PM on Jun. 25, 2011