Contractions...

I'm a first time mom so I don't know if they are real contractions or braxton hicks contractions... I've had them for 2 days now since the ob checked to see if I was dilated and I was 2cm 80% effaced. So, my contractions for the past 2 days have been 14 minutes to 4 minutes apart, in order for me to be in labor do they have to all be the same distance apart? I'm not too sure...

jessiskinner200

Asked by jessiskinner200 at 5:16 PM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• when they consistently are about 3 to 5 minutes apart and last for almost a full minute then you will know they are the real thing and you should get ready to head to where ever you are giving birth at. Good luck to you and you first born.
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 5:24 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• What she said.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 5:31 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Yep. Do what the PP said. Don't bother going in unless they are 3-5 min apart, last longer than a few seconds, and time them for about an hour to make sure they don't go away. Also if your water breaks... but that's a given.
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 6:03 PM on Jun. 24, 2011