This can NOT be normal behavior for a 3 and 1/2 year old!!

So I fell a sleep on the couch while my kids 6 ans 3 1/2 were watching a movie. I wake up to the end credits to find my DS still watching and coloring and my DD Missing. She had gone into the kitchen and cracked all 10 eggs, 1.2 a bottle of ketchup adn some hot sauce on the floor. this is not the firs time either! While I was taking a shower last week she dumped and entire bottle of salt and her water cup int he floor and was playing with it. She has also dumped out entire bags of rice while I was int he bathroom... Once she ate 6 grape chew tabs of tylenol while I was in the bathroom after climbing on the counter and opening the child proof cap. Holy crap. Would/does your child do things like this. I am going to have to lock her in her room any time I leave the room at almost freaking 4? Really?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:31 PM on Jun. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• My niece and nephew, at the time 2 & 3 did stuff like this every single day. It was because no one was supervising them. Their dad slept on the couch all day. Kids will do whatever they want if no one is there to tell them no.
    Ludvik_Smith

Answer by Ludvik_Smith at 5:33 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• It is normal. It is time to stop sleeping and showering while she is awake or not surpurvised by another adult while you do those things.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 5:34 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• LOL! Sounds like some 3 1/2 year olds. I think it's time for locks on the cabinets and fridge. Also, because your kid is curious, I'd put safety stuff on the oven and toilet too, just in case. ;)
    SarahSmile81

Answer by SarahSmile81 at 5:34 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• My son never did crap like this and he is ADHD. It's not like I abandoned her- she was purposely being sneaky. She knew when I asked my son where is your sister she was in trouble. She came out of the dining room with her head down and told me she needed a time out.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:35 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• My oldest did stuff like this when he was about that age. He and my nephew (who is the same age as my son), at my pack of birth control pills once. Another time they got into a bottle of tylenol together and had to syrup of epicac. Those two together at that age was a nightmare.
    I caught my son once trying to make cookies, flour and eggs everywhere. Another time he was trying to make toast and while he did manage to get the bread in the toaster, he also had put half a tub of butter on the bread.
    Another time he grabbed an nail gun and shot it into the floor by his foot.
    Sometimes all it takes is a couple minutes. However he is a great kid as a teen, they do grow out of it at some point.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 5:36 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Itmakes me angry just thinking about her smart butt voice saying 'mommy- I think I need a time out now' I was like what did you do! to which she says 'I made a mess again with your things.' WTH! You can not claim she has no idea what she is doing . Clearly she does. and doesn't care.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:38 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• There is personality differences in all kids. Of course she knew she would be in trouble.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 5:41 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I made her clean it up and She is not getting nay dinner- since she also ate 2 peaches, 1/2 a thing of crackers and a handful of vanilla wafers. She can have her milk.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:44 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Sounds like she is bored and needs some attention (which I am sure you are giving her) have your tried sitting down with her and playing with playdough or finger painting? That way she is playing with messy stuff that she is allowed to play with. If you need to take a shower while she is awake I would take her in the bathroom with you, but as far as naps...I wouldn't nap unless she is napping, too. I wish you lots of luck!
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 5:50 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• LOL,, jeez mom YOU fell asleep! no dinner =bad mommying
    Anonymous