How did your man propose to you?

My man proposed to me around x-mas time. It was sweet he gave me a wrapped check book box. I opened it and there was another little box in it. ( it was empty) But there was a note... it said: " you thought you were getting something ha ha ha look at me and smile" And i did and he was on his knees shacking. He asked me to marry him. I accepted. Oh and he had the ring. And i cried like a baby....:)

RedneckSammie20

Asked by RedneckSammie20 at 5:32 PM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• That' sounds so sweet!!!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 5:47 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• How cute!!
    My husband asked my dad first then decided he'd propose to me when I wouldn't expect it. We went out to a fancy dinner one night, we had a romantic hike in the mountains the next, we watched the sunrise together another day, all times I was expecting it. A week later he proposed while I was getting my bathing suit on to go swimming :p
    lizmartinez

Answer by lizmartinez at 5:53 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• You two are way cute!

It came up when we were in bed talking about our first baby already on the way. LOL We decided it might be a good idea to get hitched. That was 20 yrs ago in August.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 5:54 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• My DH & I love to go to the beach at night & walk around sit on the sand (well use a blanket to sit on the sand), we did that alot when we were dating, so one night we went to the beach & he started tell me how much he loved me & that he wants to spend the rest of his life with me & he asked me if I feel the same & I said "Of course honey" then he got up stood me up got on one knee took the ring box out his pocket & said "Then will you marry me" I just started to cry & he put the ring on my finger I hugged him & then he said "Well Ima take that as a yes" & I was like "Oops YES YES YES" (I had forgot to answer him lol) It was beautiful he gave me my dream proposal at the beach at night =)

VanillaBlondie8

Answer by VanillaBlondie8 at 6:01 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• awww men are so un predictable... if it was up to us we would have a romantic novel everyday....
    RedneckSammie20

Comment by RedneckSammie20 (original poster) at 6:03 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• We were at my BIL & SIL's for New Years'Eve and everyone had a glass of sparkling champagne to brink in the New Year.....at the stroke of 12 we all tilted up our champagne glasses and when I did there was a diamond ring floating in mine......It was sticky but I DID NOT care, trust me!!!! That was all my DH's idea and he was very nervous I wouldn't be happy with his surprise idea. I thought it was the sweetest thing ever that he put such thought and coordination as to get the whole family involved. I DID happen to wonder why I felt like people kept looking at ME....they all knew and were waiting to see my reaction. If you can picture a room full of people with glasses to the lips but you can see their eyes looking over the rim of every glass at YOU...that's how it looked from my pov, LOL...and here we are today! Happily ever after! I love my guy...he's an awesome man!!!
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 8:43 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Oh and yours was very, very cute and sweeet!!! I can just see that!! LOL
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 8:45 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• omg KellyGirl TX from what you posted on my other question and this one id have to say your DH does rock:)
    RedneckSammie20

Comment by RedneckSammie20 (original poster) at 11:27 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I proposed to my hubby. He worked in a casino. I had gotten permission from the security guards to bring in a dozen roses and have them send my hubby to the cash office. When he got back to his desk I was there with a dozen long stemmed roses. He was what are you doing here? I said here are a dozen roses, one for each month of the year. And I want to spend the rest of my years with you, will you marry me? And I gave him the ring, he said yes, we kissed and then his buddy announced it over the intercom and completely embarrassed him. But, it was a great day:)
    SweetPea726

Answer by SweetPea726 at 2:24 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• At a karoke night in a packed bar (i love music and singing so he knew that would be important to me) after I got done singing a song the DJ (who is a friend) told me to stay up on stage. Then my DH got up and walked to the stage and got down on one knee in front of the entire bar in the microphone told me that he loved me and and wanted to spend the rest of his life with me and asked me to marry him. Then put the microphone to my mouth and I said yes then we danced on stage to the song I Swear by John Michael Montgomery and a bunch of people joined us on the dance floor. It was the most adorable thing a man has ever done for me. I wish he would every once in a blue moon be that romantic now....
    nikkis23

Answer by nikkis23 at 5:45 AM on Jun. 25, 2011