Negative blood test but ultrasound showed a sac

i asked this before but didnt get really any answers...i had my last period on May 19th i have 35 day cycles . I should have gotten my period yesterday. Had an ultrasound done Wednesday the 22nd also had a blood test done the same day to see how high my HCG level was. The ultrasound showed a sac measuring 4 wks 5 days and the ultrasound tech said looked good and was just to early to see anything else. My blood work came back saying my hcg level was less than 2. Not sure how that is possible. Could it have been to early? going back for another ultrasound on tuesday, really cant wait that long.

pastorejnh

Asked by pastorejnh at 5:44 PM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Less then 2 means you are not pregnant. You may have been at some point but under 5 is a negative result.
    Anonymous

• I don't understand how you can have a sac with HCG of 2. Only if the lab results were incorrect (which would be human error).

The U/S tech could have seen a cyst or something instead of a sac.
    Mom_to_Skyler

Answer by Mom_to_Skyler at 6:00 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Like I said before it could be just an empty egg sac. Thats what happened to me. Which would cause your HCG levels to be out of whack and not match the ultrasound. And with that said you will end up miscarrying if that is the case. But lets hope that its just to early to tell or that they messed up with the lab results and thats why they dont match.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 6:10 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• My guess could be that your HCG level had dropped. Hope I'm wrong. I saw a sac at 2 weeks and the highest recorded HCG was 43. A week later it was 33. Miscarried a few days later. I was 7 weeks passed my pd so they thought everything was too low until they saw the 2 week sac and said all levels and sizes were consistent with 2 weeks. Even though it looked fine, it wasn't
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 6:16 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Empty sac. It does happen.
    Anonymous

• im not sure how there can be a sac and no HCG i had a miscarriage last year before i had my son and my levels were still very high when i was miscarrying (bleeding and cramping) only showed a sac about 5 weeks and i still had high levels , so something is much different here
    pastorejnh

Comment by pastorejnh (original poster) at 7:21 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• The first one I lost showed that heartbeat and all stopped at 6 weeks. I didn't bleed until the night before my DNC at 10 weeks. Ask your doctor lots of questions! Wish you the best!
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 11:10 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• ask ur doctor hunni...obviously since u had asked this question got a few answers now have a few mroe....i bet ur not satisfied.....Call them they will help u mor than we can.
    msmamakatie

Answer by msmamakatie at 11:41 PM on Jun. 24, 2011