I am going to go on strike...What would you do in my shoes?

So in my house there are three adults but for some reason I am the only one that ever cleans anything, no one cleans up after themselves so I going to go on strike and see how long it takes for someone else to take out the trash or do the dishes. I mean my DF works so I am not to frustrated at him but our roommate who is also a stay at home mom doesnt clean unlike what she told me when she moved in she said that she would help me around the house since she does not work, I mean if both of them worked that would be one thing but she doesnt and she still doesnt do anything. I walked by her door today and it was open and I swear she has like half of all the cups we have in her room. I just do not know what else to do. I have asked and asked and even when she sees me cleaning she doesnt start to help till 95% of everything is done. What would you do?

I am not sure what category to put this is so if you think it fits better in another one go ahead and change it lol

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 6:12 PM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Call a house hold meeting and explain the situation without getting upset, ask for suggestions and a plan to run the house. If they still don't budge, so on strike.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:19 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• i would go on strike as well or keep some things that you use in your room or for your self or make labels that say if you use this then clean it up afterwards.
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 6:13 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I went on strike and it didn't even phase them.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:23 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I say go on strike! :) Maybe they will start cleaning up after themselves or appreciate you more.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 6:24 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• i have same issue with my bf! i tried going on strick it wrk but only cuz they house go tterrible & i just put his clothes in baskets & thats where they stayed for like 2 months til i hung them up.
    jennifer_oakley

Answer by jennifer_oakley at 6:42 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• It's time to lay down the LAWS, Lol.....don't go on strike. It won't prove a thing and you'll just have way more to do later and it will be behind then. If the girl has dirty cups hoarded in her room i think she lied about her cleaning habits and I would have to ask. That is BS. No dishes in any other room except the kitchen then. It's not a hotel where a maid comes later and cleans up your mess. Write the rules, chores etc on the Fridge on a dry erase board so people can check off as they do their duty if need be. Nobody gets a free ride and you are not a maid service that comes with the house. When it comes to me being a doormat for people....I get an attitude because it's hard keeping a house going inside and out. It's alot of work allll the time. HAVE a meeting!!! Good Luck to you and stick to your guns!!!
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 8:35 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I would have a talk with her and my husband and try to work it out, otherwise she would probably have to leave.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:04 AM on Jun. 25, 2011