HELP!

I forgot to add the butter (1 tbs) into my dough (rosemary bread) and its rising for the first time...can I knead the butter in when my hour is up and I'm shaping the loaves n letting them rise a second time???

canibalkittykat

Asked by canibalkittykat at 6:20 PM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Food & Drink

• You can try it. I can't say I've made bread that has butter in the dough to begin with, so I have no idea what the proportions are of your other ingredients. Is it just there for flavor, or is it taking the place of some of your liquid? An alternative may be to melt it and baste the bread before you bake it rather than try to incorporate it into dough that's already proofed. If you mix it, you may end up with little butter pockets that will alter the consistency.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:00 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I would not recommend kneading it in a second time, because unfortunately I don't thing once the yeast has made that many air bubbles you are not going to be able to mix in the butter evenly. Hopefully you won't miss that TBSP of butter! I hate when I forget an ingredient. Hope it turns out yummy anyway.
    Marti123

Answer by Marti123 at 10:41 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Well I still added the butter an kneaded it with alil flour and let it rise again sadly I was driving to my bf house and my cd holder fell right on one of the loaves..lol I almost gave up...when I got to my bf I turnd the oven on warm re shaped the loaves put them in (heat helps it rise) then baked..the bread came out awesome...how....I have no idea lol
    canibalkittykat

Comment by canibalkittykat (original poster) at 5:29 AM on Jun. 25, 2011