What is wrong with wearing sweats outside of the house?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:26 PM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Depends on the sweats.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 6:27 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• To me, sweats are like one step up from pajamas. If you have a top & bottom set and they are new, they look nice. If your sweats are old, stretched out, faded and stained, then they are totally gross and shouldn't be worn out of the house. So, I think it depends on the condition of the sweats and where you are going in them. To the park with kids or grocery store, is alright. To dinner, NOT!
    blueskyboysmom

Answer by blueskyboysmom at 6:43 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• who judges you? your friends, family, significant other, your children, business associates, your bosses, other moms, everyone.

Ask your kids sometime what they like better one you.. sweats or a nice presentable shirt and jeans? see how fast you could get a promotion if you dressed more appropriately at work.. you can front all you want, but trust me, you are only hurting yourself.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:46 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• My husband doesn't like coming home and seeing me in sweats. He thinks they look sloppy and make you look lazy and not care about your appearance. On my depressed, down in the dumps days that I sometimes have I do wear them. I do not where them outside of the house however. I want him to feel like I take pride in how I look. He loves me no matter what I am wearing but I do try to have jeans on when he gets home. He isn't asking for me to be dressed up, just not sloppy in sweats.
    zoomomto3

Answer by zoomomto3 at 6:57 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• personally i only wear sweats to clean the house and to sleep. when i was younger i would wear it to the gym but there are so many awesome looking workout clothes now that i don;t wear sweats to work out. i say to each their own but i do believe it looks flumpy on some people. not all. but i do not think going to the store ect is called for. even to pick up the kids at school. i think if the person has her make up on and looks presentable with the sweats its fine but most i see in sweats do not have their hair done or anything. so that is my own exerience. i rather wear jeans or khakis to feel comfortable. but to each their own.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 7:39 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• absolutely nothing, pretty much all i wear is cotton bermuda shorts & cotton capris, i get black or dark blue cuz it goes w everything. screw bein uncomfortable. i hate when ppl try to make me feel bad for not "dressing up". make up breaks my skin out so screw that too.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 6:31 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Personally, I refuse to leave the house (walking the dog really doesn't count, nor does getting the mail) without makeup on, hair washed and fixed, and jeans (it's all I wear). That being said, if that is what you want to wear, go for it.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 6:42 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Call me frumpy bummy and dumpy too then. I've got 1 pair of jeans and 5 pairs of sweat pants. I wear what's comfortable and the judgmental, snobby shallow people that think of me whatever they want can go pound sand. I am what I am and I'm COMFORTABLE in what I wear.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 6:53 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I don't do it, unless I'm going to or from the Y and don't want to change there. I wear what most of you suggest.

Personally, I love seeing people in comfy clothes. I think more of them. People who are too dressed up (lots of makeup, clothes that are expensive or need dry cleaning, heels), I kind of shrug off. It doesn't bug me, but their priorities are so different from mine. That's probably how they feel when they meet me, which is fine, too. I know who I want to think highly of me and why. I've done everything I want with clothes, and it's pretty empty.

OP has a point- if that's her world and her friends are fine with it, why would there be a negative?
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 6:55 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• It depends on how attractive they are. I wouldn't feel comfortable shopping in sweats or visiting people etc. but I guess if I was outside in my yard or walking in the neighborhood I would wear sweats. Nice looking ones.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 6:56 PM on Jun. 24, 2011