No period for 6 months now?

Ok, so I had my son June 1st, had the depo shot once then switched to the pill, endd up having a D&C done since the Dr didnt get the whole Placenta out. Then I ended up having a lot of Kidney problems and ended up having a Stent put in last week, got it out yesturday (they also were able to get the huge Kidney stone out as well, Thank God!) and now the kids, hubby and I are in another State to spend Christmas with my family. We have excellent insurance so I know I can be seen while I'm here for vacation but my question to all you beautiful mommies......Any idea why I havent started my period yet? The last time I seen my Gyno he told me it could be from having my D&C done that maybe they scrapped too much of the uterine wall off? Has anyone heard of this or possibly going through the same thing? Any suggustions?

angieluv

Asked by angieluv at 10:32 PM on Dec. 13, 2008 in Health

• sometimes surgery and BC can throw your system off. Switching BC then surgery I bet confused your system. I would give it another month or two.
    MommyRuby2008

Answer by MommyRuby2008 at 6:54 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• After I had my 2 sons I gained a lot of weight and that is what made me skip periods. My ob/gyn said that when you gain weight it ups the estrogen and that causes you to be irregular.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 10:47 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Are you breastfeeding? That suppresses ovulation and your period.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:49 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• I havent gained extra weight, I lost all the weight I gained with my son plus some. No, I'm not breastfeeding any more. He is on Soy formula..... :( This is gonna be one of those unsolved mysteries huh! LOL
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 10:54 PM on Dec. 13, 2008