Is it normal for a toddler boy to talk with out moving lips and tongue? My son does this, when he thinks hes having a conversation

My son is 14 months old, He does babble and move his tongue and mouth. But sometimes he looks at u like hes telling u something he just looks at you, doesnt move his lips or tongue and says things u cant understand kinda like a muffled sound lol. More like if you where trying to talk and someone was putting a pillow on your face and it was muffled noises. He does this all the time, its funny to use and we know boys learn to speak later then girls. Just wondering what YOU thought of this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son still does that sometimes. He's 2 now.
    cueballsmom

Answer by cueballsmom at 6:57 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• my son didn't do this. he was talking full clear sentences at 2yrs. every child develops differently tho. he will grow out of it. encourage him to speak louder so you can hear him, as opposed to being muffled
    youngmami07

Answer by youngmami07 at 8:48 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• well hes 14 months old, he doesnt get it yet. U tell him talk to me baby, use your words but i dont say that because he understands. he doesnt, hes only a baby still. He doesnt even say Daddy/Dadda or any words. He says Uh oh kinda and mama only when he wants me and he cries which is rare because i dont CIO.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:28 PM on Jun. 24, 2011