Kids seeing you in underwear...

Should i let my son see me in bra & panties. I have no idea most of the time i tell him to go to anther room if he walks in. Hes about to be 4 in sept. Also i have a little girl what about her? shes only 6months but i mean when she gets older!??

jennifer_oakley

Asked by jennifer_oakley at 6:39 PM on Jun. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• I just answered another question about this...when they are little, to me, it is no different than a girl in a two-pc swimsuit (bikini or not). But as they get older, discretion is advised.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 6:43 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• My older son is just turning 7, and we are only now starting to cover up when he is around. We NEVER made an issue about being naked around the kids. I dont want them to think there is something wrong or embarressing about the body.....
    MommaRoxanne

Answer by MommaRoxanne at 7:00 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I odnt think its a big deal, dont walk around in your undies like casually but if he sees you in your bra and panties, its not a big deal, hopefully you arent wearing a g string though lol
    stilettomom72

Answer by stilettomom72 at 7:09 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I totally agree with mommaroxanne..I started covering up what my kids started saying they were uncomfortable seeing me naked or in my underwear. We live in a ranch house so sometimes I go from the bath room to the bed room in just my underwear, I will warn them and say I', leaving he bathroom. Also, if they just walk into my room without knocking and they see me naked I tell them "knock next time!" I think you have to do what is best for your family and what you are all comfortable with. I also NEVER wanted my children to have issues being naked or thinking there is something wrong or embarrassing about their bodies.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:13 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Its never been a big deal in my house. My dd walks around in a tshirt and panties and shes 6. My sons walk around in boxers. We really dont care its our home. It isnt like were naked lol. Mine see me change all the time. I think by the time they are older they stop on their own when they see you start changing. Thats what mine did.

Answer by gemgem at 7:32 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• i try to stay clothed. my 1 yr old son is quite curious of my body...
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 7:39 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• My oldest is 10. I don't make a big deal about being covered up. It's just skin. When he starts getting uncomfortable about seeing me naked or in undies, maybe he'll start knocking on my bedroom door before barging in.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 8:54 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• My kid's seen me in nothing but panties. I don't make it a habit of running around all baretit, but if I take my pajama top off in my room, and then I realize that my bra is in another room, sometimes I don't bother putting the shirt back on.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 9:18 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• It teaches them modesty when you avoid this......

Answer by older at 7:52 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• i have a daughter so it might be different but right now its no problem but maybe in like 5 years we will have to discuss it more
    diana398

Answer by diana398 at 12:22 PM on Jun. 25, 2011