Vacuum?

What kind of vacuum do you use? How well does it work and does it work on tile or solid flooring? I bought a vacuum a year ago that was only $60 dollars and it hardly works anymore. I'm looking to get a new one in the $100-150 range. Suggestions please!

lizmartinez

Asked by lizmartinez at 6:44 PM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Dyson is great, but if you don't want the price tag you can try the Shark Navigator. That is what we have and it is pretty much the same. We got it on sale at Target for 150.
    HollyBoBolly

Answer by HollyBoBolly at 7:11 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I love our roomba. Works great on all of our floors.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 6:45 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• What was the price?
    lizmartinez

Comment by lizmartinez (original poster) at 6:49 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• dyson- DC24 Multi floor.
    it's expensive but totally worth considering...$319.99
    pipsqueak01

Answer by pipsqueak01 at 6:52 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I hate vacuums. It doesn't seem to matter how much I spend, it either doesn't suck well, the wand thing is awkward to use, of the bits break where the dust bin part connects or the little wheels or the hose connection. Why is it so hard for the manufacturers to make a decent, heavy duty vacuum with strong parts, a nice wand, and super suction??
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 6:53 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I have a Dyson Animal .. paid $500 for about 3 years ago. I love it. It pulls up the powder carpet deodorizers that were used before we moved in!! The ONLY thing I would trade it for would be a newer model. Like the ones with the new roller ball! Those look so cool and easier to use!
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 7:02 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Let me add ... even though Dyson vacuums are expensive, they are so very worth it.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 7:03 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Dyson. I've never had a better vacuum then my Dyson. I got one on clearance at Target & paid just under $300 for it. Its worth every penny.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 7:15 PM on Jun. 24, 2011