When is a goodtime to start shoppin?????

I"m 19 weeks 3 days and am tryin to find out when i should start gettin ready? Anyone care to share what they are doin?

peanut152011

Asked by peanut152011 at 7:12 PM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My husband always felt that it was somehow "bad karma" to prepare too early, but two of our kids were born at 32 weeks, so for me, I'd want to be essentially ready for baby by about 30 weeks. Maybe start getting things together at about 26 weeks, when the fetus is technically a viable baby.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 7:14 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• My husband and I started buying things around 32 weeks pregnant this time around but we already had the crib and stuff so all we really needed was clothes and a few other essentials. With our daughter we started getting stuff as soon as we found out it was girl lol. and had everything ready by 32 weeks. Is this your first pregnancy? If so are you gonna have a baby shower? If you are you might want to wait til after the shower to get stuff so that way you wont have to return anything or at least not return a lot.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 7:38 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• for me and my hubby we started buying things when we found out the gender but it was only like clothes nothing big like the crib. we didnt put the crib up until i was 27 weeks
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 7:45 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• i started at 25weeks!!
    msmamakatie

Answer by msmamakatie at 11:36 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• i started when i found out with my 3 rd baby cuz we didnt plan on haven more kids after my daughter an moved alot an didnt have much room to carry around baby stuff so i gave it all away to some people that i know that where haven a rough time an couldnt afford stuff or haven twins. so i know the stuff got used. so we had to go out an buy all new stuff. all but the crib i keep that cuz they r so expensive but gave the berrow an changing table away didnt use them much. but i did mostly big items shopping but if this is your first wait till after the baby shower to go shopping. right now u an your man can go an create a baby registery thats always fun.
    BOOKER123ABC

Answer by BOOKER123ABC at 11:40 PM on Jun. 24, 2011