Saddest thing that's happened to me in a long time :(

We got a 4 month old kitty the other day. She is the most beautiful cat I've ever seen. She is so so sweet. I loved her so much. Well, we should have paid the pet deposit up front but we didn't get around to it. Well today, the pest control guy came and I'm guessing he told on us because they got to us before we could go pay the deposit. It was originally $150 but they were going to charge $350 but I got out of it because I said I'd take it back today.

Seriously, I've never been attached to any pet like this before. I really loved her so much. She was adjusting well and everything. Even great with my 3 yr old. I cried for 2 hrs over this :( May be because I'm pregnant idk but still :(

Venting...not really a question

Keeely07

Asked by Keeely07 at 7:13 PM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Pets

• Why were they going to charge $350? Because you broke the rules?
    marybeth927

Answer by marybeth927 at 7:15 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Yeah it was a pet violation
    Keeely07

Comment by Keeely07 (original poster) at 7:15 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• honestly, I would have just paid it.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 7:16 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• It's just too much right now =/
    Keeely07

Comment by Keeely07 (original poster) at 7:17 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Be careful, they might still come after you for the fine, even though you got rid of her.
    marybeth927

Answer by marybeth927 at 7:18 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• The girl talked to the manager. She said it'll be waived.
    Keeely07

Comment by Keeely07 (original poster) at 7:19 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• so sad, stupid pest guy :(
    oneelle

Answer by oneelle at 7:30 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• That's good news. Did you maybe ask the girl if she would hold on to the kitten until you could pay the $150 deposit.
    marybeth927

Answer by marybeth927 at 7:32 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Aww... sorry to hear you had to get rid of the kitty. The pest control guy is a tool, and I'd probably say something to him the next time I saw him, but that's just me.

Any chance you can pay the deposit and get the cat back?
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 8:22 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Actually....we looked at the lease agreement and it does say $350. Ridiculous. Honestly what the hell are they going to do with that money except pocket it! Bc this place is NOT worth that money. I could understand if this was an expensive place to live. But it's definitely one of the cheaper apartments around here. They suck at fixing up maintence and on top of that the things that they did have to replace were used already. We've only been here about 2 weeks. UGH I hate it already.
    Keeely07

Comment by Keeely07 (original poster) at 1:03 AM on Jun. 25, 2011