Have you tried the HCG Diet? Results?

I've been reading about the HCG diet? Has anyone tried it? Did you have good results???

wishwish

Asked by wishwish at 7:36 PM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 7:39 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• i have with the shots..i had AWESOME results and i done it about two months..the problem i had was having to eat certain things and i got burnt out soooo fast..plus its totally expensive!
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 7:45 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• 500 calories a day is NOT healthy...of course you are going to lose weight, you are starving yourself, but you don't just lose fat, you lose muscle mass and bone density (which can lead to osteoperosis later on)! Not to mention that starving your body for long periods of time, such as the 2-3 weeks at a time suggested with this diet) can permanently damage your liver, kidney, heart and any organ in your body.

One cafemom member on the Healthy Weight Loss group has a heart condition caused by this diet. This diet can now KILL her.

Is it worth it? Hell no! A healthy eating lifestyle change, within your daily calorie needs (which should NEVER be less than 1200)....and an active lifestyle and exercise is ALL you need to lose weight the healthy way, and it won't kill you!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 8:29 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I did it for 2 weeks and lost 14lbs. Since I stopped, I gained back 4lbs, which was about a year ago. It wasn't that hard to follow the diet, but with all the naysayers, I'm not going to elaborate. If you want to know more from me, pm me :)
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 8:59 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• It's not healthy, and I don't mean that in the cheeseburgers are unhealthy sense, I mean it in the anorexia is unhealthy sense. That's basically what it is - short term (if you're lucky) anorexia.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:37 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• "but with all the naysayers, I'm not going to elaborate"
    We "naysayers" generally feel that health is more important than being skinny. Weight loss can happen in a HEALTHY way that can be maintained for life, as opposed to some crash diet that claims to "reset" your metabolism (if you've taken even a BASIC nutrition of physiology class, you know that's a load of crap). 500-800 calories a day IS called malnutrition, and is setting you up for anorexia nervosa. It's also setting you up for a SLOWER metabolism, which will often lead to an immediate weight gain, generally of more weight than you originally lost, the instant you go off of the diet.
    Among the risks for the HCG Diet are heart problems, liver failure, and DEATH. Sorry, but few of us can endorse that. I'm okay with being called a naysayer.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:22 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I've heard it's really bad for you...lots of side effects.
    H.I.S.

Answer by H.I.S. at 7:38 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• what I meant was, my experience with it was a positive one and I've kept the weight off for over a year. I said I wasn't going to elaborate because I didn't want to be attacked by all the judgmental women on here. It happened anyway. Imagine that!
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 12:09 AM on Jun. 26, 2011