When is the best time to send a child to bed at night when its summer time?

Do it changes when the child reaches a certain age?

Asked by thomoyaec at 7:43 PM on Jun. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• i keep it at the same time. i think i pushed it to later as she got older but i have not changed it. i think once she gets to school age it probably will be earlier but maybe not. but sometimes its hard to do with our routine is so different in the summer because i am not in school and we do not have to get up as early like during the semester.

Answer by lambdarose at 7:48 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• depends on the kid. maybe 10pm. i put mine to bed around 10 and he's 20months

Answer by mandielynn23 at 7:50 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I think 10 pm sounds reasonably when its summer time thanks mandielynn23

Comment by thomoyaec (original poster) at 7:52 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• It depends on the age of the child, how much sleep they need and what's going on the next day. My son is 14 and doesn't have a bedtime. When he was younger, anywhere from 9-11pm depending on our daily activities.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:01 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• For my younger ones I keep their schedule the same, so they still go to bed at 7:30pm. For my 9, 11, and 13 yo's I let them stay up 1/2 hour later, so they don't go to bed until 9pm. It just makes it harder for them to get back on their schedule when school starts if it gets too far off in the summer.

Answer by missanc at 8:20 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• My girls are ages 9,7, and 6 and they go to bed during the school year at eight and summer at 9. Just cause it takes them so long to go to sleep since all in the same room. If they sleep apart they go to sleep faster.

Answer by momindiana at 8:37 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• 8pm

Answer by taratennant60 at 4:49 PM on Jun. 26, 2011