Who watches the show Horders? Are you a crazy horder?

The people on Horders are outta their gourds! Living in rat infested piles of trash & broken junk. Letting CPS take their kids away because they're too lazy to clean! OMG!

mandielynn23

Asked by mandielynn23 at 7:45 PM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Health

• I watch the show and im still amazed at the crap ppl do..im def not a hoarder!
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 7:46 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• We have watched and we do have hoarders in the family but thank goodness not to the extent of those people on the show. Both hubby and I recognize that we have the traits and work to control them. Good thing is, we both hate clutter.

I cannot wrap my head around the trash and rotting food that they just ignore!
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 7:51 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I don't watch the show, but I caught a couple of episodes of clean your house... and OMG! I purge and clean out closets once a month. I have twin girls and it adds up quickly. I don't like mess or clutter. We host alot of family gatherings.... so I think this helps with cleaning and decluttering... lol... :-)
    Saprincess

Answer by Saprincess at 7:53 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• We watch it. It is sad, IMHO, but I wonder, too, how much extra is played up for the cameras.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 7:55 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I watch the show, but my mom and grandmother are hoarders too, so I know how the friends and family members feel. You would be amazed at how fast something can get out of control. My grandma shops so much that we used to have to go thru the house and get rid of all new stuff she bought and never used, at least it wasn't junk and we could donate it. Thankfully they never kept trash just stuff.
    Anonymous

• I am most definitely NOT a hoarder, but I do think that Hoarding has to be one of the hardest to treat mental illnesses because their doesn't seem to be any way for these ppl to hit rock bottom. They lose their kids, their family, their homes, and even their jobs. Nothing is an incentive enough for them to get better and stay that way. They almost always regress back to hoarding unless they receive continued treatment after the cleaning process, and I imagine that could be costly. I really wish I could understand it better..it truly is a mental disorder, and it's really hard not to judge it as a character weakness instead of a mental illness they wouldn't choose for themselves. At least with drug addicts their family is leverage and an incentive to get clean off drugs and stay that way..but like any addiction or illness that can't be "cured", it usually ends up a life long battle.
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 8:07 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I just shake my head when I watch that show. However, I must say,left to my own devices, I'd end up on the animal hoarding show on Animal Planet, I'm such an animal lover! I'd save them all if I could. My poor family would be on there going "we don't know what happened. One week, Mom had 4 pets,and the next week, she had 80!" LOL.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 8:12 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I watch the show! I cannot believe it!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 8:16 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Yes, I love that show! I know it is sad, but it is also inspiring. It inspires me to clean and purge. I go through my entire house top to bottom every six months. Get rid of things I don't use. It has also curbed my appetite at garage sales, which I love also.
    Hunnieto3

Answer by Hunnieto3 at 8:56 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• some of those ppl are just lazy and nasty. granted some do have a serious disorder but i think most of it is just too lazy to clean.
    ncmomma3152

Answer by ncmomma3152 at 9:15 PM on Jun. 24, 2011