About Depo

can you possibley get pregant while on depo, im 16 years old an I do belive I am! what are the sympotons of being pregant while on depo? is it more likley possible if u have unprotected sex

LOv3lyMicaela

Asked by LOv3lyMicaela at 7:45 PM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• yes you can get pregnant on depo. nothing is 100%.
    TaylorBaby

Answer by TaylorBaby at 7:50 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• First of all, how long have you been on depo? If you had sex within the first MONTH after the first shot, the depo is not in your system and you will get pregnant. That being said, depo will make you think you are pregnant when you are not because it tricks your body into believing you are already pregnant. You will gain weight, gain boob size and tenderness, and you will have the odd craving.

The only way to know is to take a test. If you can not afford one, your medicaid office will happily give you one for free.
    cueballsmom

Answer by cueballsmom at 7:57 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• It is always more likely to get pregnant when having unprotected sex. Go tell Mommy that you're a baby that might be having a baby.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 8:40 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• oh sweetie! You must be scared. Yes its possible to get pregnant. No form of birth control is 100%. Tell your mother! She will help you. Im 31 now but I have been in your shoes. Tell your mom.
    Taterstots3

Answer by Taterstots3 at 11:03 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• it is possible...get an HPT...go to the doctor...the health department will help u and keep ur privacy. GL
    msmamakatie

Answer by msmamakatie at 11:34 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• yes go tel your mom i went to mine after i found out though i realy didnt think i was. my doc told me in front of my mom that i couldnt concive ya well i went a left work cuz i was so sick i went to the er an they where like congrats an im like what yup i was 2 months prego i found this out the week before christmas. now i have a baby girl who is 3 an a baby that i misscarried an im to the end of my 3rd pergnacey. yes i have taken birth control through out all the pregnacey. i have tryed many birht controls to an i seem to have a lot of side effacts from them. had the depo after i had my first baby an it made my body think i was still prego an i keep eatting an gain so much wieght. tryed yaz but that gave me cheast pain. an tryed the mirina an i got prgo on that too. so ya havent founf one yet that works for me. but i hope u go to the docs an find out it might just be the shot doing this to u. good luck
    BOOKER123ABC

Answer by BOOKER123ABC at 11:35 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• i had my first shot in october your suppose to get your second shot stright aafter its done i got my 2nd one in april its over since the 20th of june an im still Having all these pains an problems, i took one test came out negative but i know it can give you false postivie an negative if your on depo an medacation.
    LOv3lyMicaela

Comment by LOv3lyMicaela (original poster) at 2:39 AM on Jun. 25, 2011