Dealing with death

ok today my dad passed away i feel as though its not fair but i kno god was ready for him but i was not and still want him back and i've been stressin and everyone says dnt do it u have babies on the way but i cant stop crying or thinking about him what should i do

MsEsha1

Asked by MsEsha1 at 7:58 PM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• You are allowed to have feelings. You are allowed to mourn. Be sad, cry, be hysterical if it helps but remember you will eventually move on. The pain will always be there at times but it will lessen with time. You have find memories I am sure. Maybe you could start writting them down in a book to share with your LO's when they are old enough.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:01 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• *fond
    But_Mommie

• You JUST lost your Dad. You need time to grieve so don't worry about what others say right now.

I'm sorry for your loss.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:05 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• It takes time.. I lost my dad 3 years ago..it gets easier.. Just give yourself time to grieve.. Don't hold it inside.. I am so sorry for you loss.. thoughts and prayers with you
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 8:09 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I'm so very sorry for your loss. My dad died in 1992,and I STILL grieve! And, yes, you are entitled to grieve, cry,and feel terrible. You will be in my prayers.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 8:09 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• They call it the grieving process for a reason, you will have good days and bad days. It is okay to be sad and angry. You will have days when your happy and you catch yourself laughing at something or someone...don't feel guilty! It's okay to have good days, you deserve it. If you find yourself unable to care for your children because you are depressed, please talk to someone...a therapist, family, friends so that they can help out with the kids and you can seek help. Otherwise, it is perfectly normal and healthy to go through the grieving process. You will never get over it, but you will get through it. Promise ;)
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 8:42 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I am so sorry for your loss. you grieve and keep those babies safe. You cn do both at the same time

hugs

vntNyll

Answer by vntNyll at 9:29 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I'm sorry for your loss.

Your grief is very raw right now and you are also probably in mild shock as well.  You must give yourself time to heal.  An emotional wound is just like a physical wound.  It will hurt like hell for a little while but then it starts to heal.  It will leave some scars, but eventually you learn to live with them.  

I lost my dad 3 years ago.  You need to go through the stages of grief and when you achieve acceptance, life starts to look brighter again.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:42 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Hugs, I'm sorry for your loss. I lost my husband when I was 10 weeks pregnant. If someone told me not to stress or cry about it, I probably would have punched them. If you lose someone, it's natural to cry and mourn, so don't let anyone tell you not to. Stress can affect the baby, but stress is all around us even without death. You can't turn off your feelings just because you're pregnant. Take time to grieve again, more hugs.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 11:15 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Im so very sorry that you lost your dad.

Yes...you need to take it as easy as you can if you are pregnant HOWEVER, that doesnt mean you shouldnt mourn or cry or feel the loss. Just means you shouldnt let it overtake you in every aspect...keep some control over it..kwim?

It will take time and you may never fully get over his loss but this just happened you get to mourn and feel bad and allow yourself to feel all those emotions that will and need to come.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:30 PM on Jun. 24, 2011