Cars 2 *may contain spoilers*

Okay so for the first & only time ever we saw the movie in theaters. I was curious to see what others who saw it thought. Okay I will give my impression & overview but warning again its going its going to spoiler for any of you ladies who want to watch it without knowing whats going to happen lol

First the violence caught me off guard & it was from the start. I am trying to get my 3 1/2 yo daughter to stop trying to shoot people with play guns & here this movie is blowing cars up, shooting missles & bullets at them etc. Plus not only are they shooting up cars they are talking about all of this stuff & even talk about killing lighting mcqueen.

Second the movie instead of being mostly about lighting mcqueen was more about mater. Dont get me wrong I love mater & all but my 3 1/2 yo spent a good part of the movie esp towards the end asking where mcqueen was.

Third it really didnt go along with the first movie. Thats fine however, the first was so good & cute & perfect I kind of wish the story line had gone off of that somehow but still could have included the traveling, fun & action too (action toned down please).

Now its a good movie & my daughter loved it but I must say I was simply caught off guard with the violence, & lack of mcqueen.

So what did your family think?

Mel30248

Asked by Mel30248 at 8:01 PM on Jun. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• It's just hard to make everyone happy these days when it comes to movies, I think. We stopped giving our money to the movie theatres(Hollywood) when the movie rating sys decided it was ok for 13yo to see so much nudity, profanity etc etc . I don't let industries decide what's ok for my kids until I think they are ready. JMO for my kids.
    To: OP mel----Here's a link to an interesting ratings site: http://www.kids-in-mind.com/
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 8:52 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I have not seen it yet but you have me questioning now if we even want to...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:03 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I haven't seen it yet but when I watched the trailor I was thinking the same thing you did. It seems as though it doesn't go along with the first movie. It doesn't seem as interesting as the first one. I'm still going to watch it though.
    BrandyBaby22

Answer by BrandyBaby22 at 8:06 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• But_Mommie - Please feel free to ask any questions & I will tell you about the movie. I understand where you are coming from first you want to make sure your child will like the movie & its appropriate for your family, second you dont want to waste money just for your kid to be disappointed or for you to be shocked.

Look up reviews on google I read through some & they all say the exact same thing that I do. However, over all its still a good movie I was just expecting it to be kind of like the first one cute & cuddly & centered around mcqueen.
    Mel30248

Comment by Mel30248 (original poster) at 8:07 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Doesn't sound that bad to me..besides, Mater is HUGE, he has his own cartoon and McQueen doesn't..so they're probably just catering to what's more popular. The violence affecting kids depends on the kid. My Son knows what's on TV is pretend and not to imitate it, so I'm sure that won't be a problem for Him. He is THE #1 Fan, no one is more obsessed with Cars/Mater/McQueen than He is and no one loves them more than my Little Man! We're taking Him to see it very soon, it will be His first theater movie - perfect flick for the occasion!
    .MhacFoirfe.

Answer by .MhacFoirfe. at 8:23 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I haven't saw it yet! But am still interested
    lattemom1

Answer by lattemom1 at 8:23 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I love the little Matar skits that are on disney those are adorable. I didnt mind that the movie revolved more around Matar then McQueen but like I said my 3 1/2 yo who is a huge McQueen fan & loves the first movie was a bit confused as to where McQueen actually was a lot of the time. I still think the movie was good & enjoyed it but again caught me slightly off guard. I liked that it was a play off of James Bond movies mostly but kind of got bored with it by the end. My daughter kind of got wiggly towards the end bc it is a 2hour movie. You & your families will enjoy it non the less. Hope you all have fun on your outting to see it =)
    Mel30248

Comment by Mel30248 (original poster) at 8:32 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I took my son to see it last night. We both liked it. I didn't see the "violence" as an issue. A lot of kids movies put the life of the main character in jeopardy, that happnes all the time in Disney movies. I think the message of friendship & the topic of alternative fuels outweighed the violence. My son is 5 1/2, btw.
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 2:34 PM on Jun. 25, 2011