Ladies with tattoos ... Tattoo and weight gain/loss???

I want to know from experience not guessing ... if any of you or someone you know have gotten tattoos and then gotten bigger or smaller and if the tattoo was affected by the weight change? People say they don't but I haven't seen any before and after pics to get an idea.

teardrop_7060

Asked by teardrop_7060 at 8:28 PM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I've thought about getting one, but I want it on my shoulder which is not usually affected by weight gain/loss. I would imagine if you get a tattoo in an area that gets stretch marks it would affect the tattoo.
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 8:39 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I have a male friend who is has tattoos from his neck to this toes. I mean fully covered, even his wing wang was the purple one eyed monster. He gained weight and they all still looked good. I is 6 ft. I would guess he was 155lbs. to begin and is now 200lbs.
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 8:30 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• my friends only had problems if they had tattoos in their belly area from pregnancys or on their breasts..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:22 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• oops *who has*

i do not know where that rebel *is* came from!
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 8:31 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• lol ok thanks for the input. :)
    teardrop_7060

Comment by teardrop_7060 (original poster) at 8:33 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• i have tattoos and just recently had a baby. i gained 40lbs. it didn't affect them, but they are on my legs and back..
    youngmami07

Answer by youngmami07 at 8:34 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I have 2 on my back (obviously not affected) but I also have one on my upper thigh, and while I got a few stretch marks there the tattoo still looks the same, I also have one on my ribs that wasn't affected at all.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 8:38 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Mine is on my shoulder/upper arm so it looks the same.
    Kterer

Answer by Kterer at 8:45 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• well i have a tat on my boob which grows like crazy when i'm pregnant and it hasn't been affected at all still looks just a beautiful as when i fist got it and it's been 6 years.
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 9:46 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Thank you to all you ladies :) Gonna get one on my lower back but I need to lose 100 pounds and I didn't want to get one if it would look stupid if I lost weight.
    teardrop_7060

Comment by teardrop_7060 (original poster) at 10:42 PM on Jun. 24, 2011