Have any of you ladies been depressed?

I am trying my best to feel better everyday.. but it doesn't seem to be working.

coupon_ash

Asked by coupon_ash at 8:30 PM on Jun. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yes and I needed help to deal with it. Meds and counseling helped me. I no longer take meds for depression, just for anxiety attacks. There is nothing wrong with needing or getting help for depression.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:32 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Yes, I went through a bout of depression right before I separated from my ex. I went on zoloft and it helped so much!

Answer by missanc at 8:33 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Yes, have you tried working out? I have been told many times that it helps, and it has worked for me! I also have been on anti-depressants, they didn't so much help me, but they help millions of other people daily!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 8:35 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I have been on so many different ones, and spent great deal of time on each one but nothing seemed to help. The last time I was on a really high dosage and just quit which is a really bad thing to do on any antidepressant..but I still did. I have gotten so much worse since then. It's anxiety, it's OCD, it's all taken over my life. I've been to so many therapists, even a mental hospital that I willingly went to on my own! I guess i'm just worried about the effects of this on my little girls. I don't like for them to see mommy so teary-eyed all the time. I try to hide it from them as much as I can.
    coupon_ash

Comment by coupon_ash (original poster) at 8:37 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• ...I haven't tried working out, I thought about joining a gym here that has a mini daycare inside... maybe I should get on that!
    coupon_ash

Comment by coupon_ash (original poster) at 8:39 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I think I've been depressed all my life. I see a shrink and a therapist. I'm also on medication and that keeps me from goin off the deep end. Don't knock going on meds, it could save your life AND your sanity.
    Kterer

Answer by Kterer at 8:42 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Hi Lady!

If you start working out it will create more serotonin(affects mood), dopamine(makes you happy) and endorphins(kills pain). They put serotonin in anti-depressants, but your body is a better source.

You can also take B-6, B-12, Folic Acid and Omega 3s....i would take a multi with additional B supplements and Omega 3s. Depression can start very easily without those vitamins.

Sunshine is a wonderful remedy too!!!!! :)

Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 8:47 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Yes, I actually discovered that I have been depressed most of my life. Don't let yourself go untreated. Some people only need temporary help to get over depression. But some of us have chronic depression or major depressive disorder. In my case I have tried to go off meds but get right back into problems, so I am on a low maintenence dose. I figure I will probably need it forever. But, I also take thyroid meds and will have to take that forever. So just remember, if you had a heart condition or a kidney problem, you would take your meds and definately keep taking care of it. So, if you have a brain issue, that is equally as important to take care of. Please take care of yourself.
    Hunnieto3

Answer by Hunnieto3 at 8:50 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I was after my miscarriage. This is not something I deal with on a daily basis in my life but DH does,he is bipolar,good luck
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 11:50 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I hated pharmaceutical anti-depressants...way to many side effects for me.
    I take Omega3-6-9, Vitamin E, Daily Supplement Multi, and....L-Tryptophan and Melatonin(before bed) , these are all OTC items.
    I have never felt better in my entire life! It began helping me over night....I'm serious.
    L-Triptophan and Melatonin are something our bodies should make anyway but if it's off balance, we lack.
    That's what worked absolute WONDERS for me.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 12:56 AM on Jun. 25, 2011