Ibd nail polish?

I had a coupon for one free item from Sally's Beauty Supply Store, and I picked up a new type of nail polish. The name brand is ibd. It is supposed to last up to two weeks without chipping. I have not opened the package, as I do not know how to apply it. It is not in a normal nail polish bottle, but rather in a pot that looks like a sample of eye cream. Have any of you used this product? If so, how do you apply it? It normally sells for $13.95 a jar. Thanks.

Joeygoat

Asked by Joeygoat at 8:40 PM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Sounds interesting. Hope someone else knows.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 8:55 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I did a Google Search, and found the IBD website. This is a gel nail polish that has to be cured under a UV lamp to harden. After 35 minutes of watching how the IBD system works, I was bored. Nope, I am not going to use this product. It CAN be used on natural nails, but I will have to buy the IBD nail prep, nail bonder, nail buffer, nail yada yada yada. I could not stand to listen to one more time the narrator sad "IBD" When I go and get my nails done, rarely, I will just give it to the salon worker. Give me my China Glaze.
    Joeygoat

Comment by Joeygoat (original poster) at 9:01 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• ive never used it but i have a friend that SWEARS BY IT! she wont wear anything else.
    alboston

Answer by alboston at 11:38 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I always learn something new on here everyday, LOL...I just love that. Hmm, I might really like that IF it stays on for 2 whole weeks!!
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 2:12 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• TOTALLY WORTH IT!

It is a gel polish, cured under a uv lamp. Once it is cured, your done, there is no drying time after that. Once you learn how to put it on, it take about 30 mins. you need a UV base coat, then the polish, then uv top coat. All applied in thin layers with each coat being cured under the light before you apply the next coat.

My manicures last about a month, the only reason I have to redo it is due to grow out.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 10:43 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I tried to return it or exchange it for a bottle of China Glaze, but the associate at Sally's could not figure out how to do it. I gave up and dropped in at the nail salon next door, I just handed it to the worker and tried to explain what it was. I don't think she understood me, language difference, and she thought I was selling it, not just giving it to her.
    Joeygoat

Comment by Joeygoat (original poster) at 1:33 AM on Jul. 3, 2011